As seen in Woman’s World Magazine, this keto cloud bread is a life saver when doing the Egg Fast Diet or even regular keto! The recipe also includes a dairy free cloud bread option! Now updated to include BBBE option!
Keto Cloud Bread with Dairy Free and Egg Fast Options
Keto Cloud bread, also called Oopsie bread is an old low carb staple. I go back to it every now and then because it is really so simple and can be made with as few as 3 ingredients!
It can also be modified to make it fancier by adding various spices and flavorings, and you can also make a Dairy free cloud bread.
Keto cloud bread is a staple for those who do the Egg Fast to break a stall and the dairy free cloud bread option is perfect for low carbers who have an issue with cheese and dairy.
What can you do with this Keto Cloud Bread?
Well, let me tell you!
- You can season it every which way to Sunday, for example an Italian version, Taco spice version and how about Everything Bagel seasoning on it? (Make your own Everything Bagel Seasoning here!)
- Avocado sandwich (spread some guac and enjoy!)
- Fried egg sandwich (my personal favorite)
- Use as bread for Egg salad sandwich
- Make some mini pizzas
- Basically, anywhere you might use a bread or a bun, you can use this ultra low carb cloud bread
Fried Egg Sandwiches are a staple for me when I am doing the Egg Fast! Looks yummy!
Important Notes for Making Perfect Keto Cloud Bread
I’m an admin in a large Egg Fast facebook group (where these cloud breads are a staple) and so I’ve heard a few questions and problems that come up when people try to make the egg fast cloud bread. Here are my best tips for best results:
- Start with room temperature eggs (leave on the counter for 2 hours)
- Be very careful when separating the egg whites from the egg yolks because even a small amount of yolk will cause your whites to not stiffen up
- Beat egg whites at high speed until you can turn the bowl upside without them coming out
- Yes, you can make these without cream of tartar! I do it all the time! Some people swear by 1/2 teaspoon vinegar in the egg whites but again, not necessary.
- If you are not making these for the egg fast, feel free to add 1/2 teaspoon baking powder and 1 tbsp psyllium husks, this will give them a more bread like texture
- Watch them carefully in the oven after 20 minutes, they can burn easily
Dairy Free Cloud Bread option: Simply substitute 3 tbsp mayonnaise for the 3 ounces cream cheese
BBBE option : Substitute 3 tbps Butter Mayo for the 3 ounces Cream Cheese.
High Fat Carnivore Version (80/20)
Add up to 2 ounces grated frozen fat. For example grated butter or bacon grease. Add at the end in the last step of making the batter.
Keto Cloud Bread Printable Recipe Card
- 3 eggs, separated
- 3 ounces cream cheese (or 3tbsp mayo for dairy free) or 3tbsp Butter Mayo for BBBE
- pinch of salt
- 2 ounces frozen butter or bacon fat, grated
- Optional ingredients: 1/2 tsp vinegar
- Preheat oven to 300
- Separate whites and yolks into 2 glass bowls
- Add pinch of salt and 1/2 tsp vinegar(optional) to egg whites
- Beat at high speed with electric mixer until egg whites are stiff and you can turn bowl upside down. Set aside.
- Beat egg yolks and cream cheese (or mayo) gently until smooth.
- If using grated frozen fat, add it now.
- With a rubber spatula, gently incorporate the egg whites and yolk mixture together
- Divide into 6 equal portions, either into a whoopie pan or mound onto regular cookie sheet
- Sprinkle with any desired spices
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, watching carefully after 20 minutes.
For the Egg Fast diet, 2 Cloud breads = 1 egg and 1 ounce cheese.
For the dairy free option, 2 Cloud breads = 1 egg and 1 fat
To make them dairy free, simply use 3 tbsp mayo in place of the 3 ounces cream cheese.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 2 cloud breads
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 172Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gCholesterol: 220mgSodium: 292mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 8g
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar.
Save this low carb egg fast cloud bread recipe now because it will definitely become a staple!