Keto Matcha Tea Fat Bomb for Egg Fast and Shakes!
If you are a fan of Matcha teas and are doing the Egg Fast then you will love this Matcha Tea Fat Bomb.
If you have done the Egg Fast before then you know that one of the challenges is to get those fats in. This is a delicious way to accomplish that. It is easy to make, full of antioxidants and good clean ingredients.
I blew my own mind by throwing a couple of these into the blender with water, ice and an egg! Yummy!
Matcha Tea is a bit of an acquired taste but everyone I know who drinks their Matcha tells me that it is strangely addictive. For me that is so true! I drink 2-3 cups a day without sweetener and I find it delicious and satisfying.
A bag of organic Matcha Tea might seem pricey, BUT you only use a tiny amount, like about 1/4 teaspoon. I can fill my mug up 2-3 times with boiling water re-using that same powder! It just seems to last and last even with that tiny amount!
I like to eat these fat bombs straight from the freezer but you could also let 1 or 2 of these matcha tea fat bombs melt into a cup of boiling water for a delicious tea.
Let’s get right to the recipe, but do check below the recipe for the benefits of matcha tea. It’s good stuff!
Want some free printables to help you with the egg fast?
Get the rules, checklist, tracker, and grocery list here!!
Ingredients and Tools to Make Matcha Tea Fat Bombs
What you will need for 8 fat bombs (2 fat bombs equal 1 tbsp fat, 1/2 ounce cheese)
- Matcha Tea Powder (I use this culinary organic Matcha) (1/8 – 1/4 teaspoon)
- Coconut Oil (2 tbsp)
- Butter (2 tbsp)
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1-2 tbsp So Nourished Sweetener or Stevia to taste (or sweetener of choice)
- Silicone mini molds (This is the exact bite-size treat mold I used)
- Electric mixer and glass bowl
Tips for Making Low Carb Fat Bomb Recipes:
- Because silicone molds are floppy, I place mine on a small firm cookie sheet and place that in the freezer. Yes, I’ve dumped fat bomb stuff in my freezer before, not fun!
- If you don’t want to microwave, use a double boiler or heavy sauce pan on low heat.
- Make your first batch using only 1/4 tsp matcha unless you are used to the taste already.
- Keep them in a sealed container or ziploc bag in the freezer.
- 1/4 tsp Matcha Tea Powder
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1-2 tbsp sweetener of choice
- Melt butter and coconut oil in glass bowl in microwave
- Add rest of ingredients
- With electric mixer, beat until mixture is smooth
- Divide into 8 silicone molds
- Freeze for 20 minutes
Serving Size:2 fat bombs
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 152Total Fat: 16gCarbohydrates: 1gNet Carbohydrates: 1gProtein: 1g
Products that I use for Keto fat bomb recipes and other Low Carb Recipes:
Benefits of Matcha Tea
There is a detailed article here about Matcha Tea. I was excited to try this in an Egg Fast Fat Bomb because of all the antioxidants. Matcha tea leaves are hand harvested and ground into powder with granite stones. Here is a quick list of known benefits:
- Over 100 times more antioxidants that regular green tea
- Boosts the immune system with presence of amino acids, polyphenols, catechins and chlorophyll
- Helps reduce levels of triglycerides, total cholesterol and hepatic glucose content in diabetics
- Promotes gastrointestinal health, mental alertness and a state of calm
So not only will these Matcha Tea Fat Bombs get you through an Egg Fast day, they are equally beneficial to use in your everyday keto diet!
Pin these Keto Matcha Cheesecake Bites to Pinterest!