What is the Keto Egg Fast Diet?
Have you heard about the egg diet weight loss fast? This is the first one of a few articles where I will share my experience and recipes for the Keto egg fast diet.
One of the frustrating things that has happened to me is that my weight doing keto and low carb has just basically been stalled no matter what ratios I have tried. Maybe it’s my age (mid 50’s), maybe it’s my activity level which is now so much less than before my knee injury.
Whatever the reason, I have been frustrated by slow and even non-existent weight loss.
Enter the low carb keto egg fast! Depending on where you look, it is also called Egg Fest or Egg Diet Weight Loss Fast, also called the LCHF Egg Fast Stall Breaker!
Now it was that last name that really caught my attention.
What are the Keto Egg Fast Rules?
Here are the original egg fast rules as designed by Jimmy Moore for his own Egg Fest which he apparently followed for 30 days and lost 27 pounds in that 30 days.
1. Must eat eggs as the primary source of fat and protein.
2. 1 tablespoon of butter used per egg consumed.
3. I must eat an egg no later than 30 minutes after waking.
4. The egg meals ideally should be eaten every 3 hours, but not more than every 5 hours.
5. I will follow this schedule even if I’m not hungry, however I’ll only have 1 egg when that happens.
6. Cheese will be permitted up to one ounce per egg. (real cheese only)
7. A minimum of a half-dozen eggs must be consumed daily.
8. The eggs will be local pastured eggs loaded with healthy omega-3 fats and vitamin D. (this was his personal preference)
9. Egg consumption will cease three hours before bedtime
10. Diet soda will be allowed up to 3 cans daily with a goal of 1 or less.
Ok, so now you have HIS rules that he made for himself. Here is how I reworked the egg fast for ME, still in keeping with the original plan. I have expanded on these rules after the image.
Save these Egg Fast Rules to Pinterest!:
- Eggs are still the primary source of fat and protein.
- 1 tablespoon of the following fats PER EACH EGG consumed (in order of preference): Butter (grass-fed is nice but not necessary), Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil , sugar-free mayonnaise (any type that is zero carb). I limit my mayo to 2 tbsp daily and try to do mostly butter and coconut oil.
- In the morning I make my EFC (Keto Egg fast coffee). I use 16 oz coffee, 1 teaspoon So Nourished sweetener, 1 tbsp coconut oil and 1 tbsp butter. I prefer to blend this in my blender. It looks and tastes like a frothy latte. This means that I omit 2 tbsp fat later in the day with some of my eggs but feel free to throw 2 eggs into that blender!
- I only eat if I am hungry.
- Up to 1 oz of cheese per egg consumed (real cheese only). I find that I can only eat 4 ounces cheese max for the day or even this egg fast stalls me!
- Eat a minimum of 6 eggs daily to get enough protein
- I try to get the best quality eggs that I can find and afford
- I do not eat within 3 hours of bedtime
- Diet soda? No thanks! I figure my morning coffee is my version of this rule. However, we are finally seeing the Zevia Natural Soda here in Canada so I may have one of those now and then if I need something. Up to 3 servings daily of sugar free sweeteners.
So there you have it, my very own custom tailored version of the egg diet weight loss fast! In my next post I will share my own results of breaking my Keto stall.
Keep scrolling down to get some recipes!
What Do You Eat on the Keto Egg Fast Diet?
Here are some egg fast menu ideas and egg fast recipes to get you started:
- Instant Pot Sous Vide Egg Bites for the Egg Fast
- Egg Fast Lemon Cheesecake Fat Bombs
- Keto Egg Fast Cloud Bread
- Keto Mini Egg Fast Pizzas
- Egg Fast Lemon Filled Danish
- Egg Puffs Recipe
- Mascarpone Hazelnut Low Carb Cheesecake Muffins
- Egg Fast Waffles
- Recipe to make your own mayo!
When you have done the Egg Fast and want to return to regular Keto or Low Carb, here are the Egg Fast Transition instructions.
Need some Egg Fast support? This is not my Facebook Group, but this is where I hang out to discuss
everything LCHF Egg Fast! If you are serious and can follow the directions, come and join us in the fun!
Egg Fast Tracker App: This is a free app for Android and iPhone that helps you keep track of your Egg to Fats ratios, plus your water and cheese consumption. Install the Android Egg Fast Tracker app here.