Keto Egg Fast Lemon Filled Danish
Many long time low carbers are very familiar with the Mock Danish. It’s an old standard and almost every low carb blog out there has this recipe in their files.
I don’t know where it originated, but I do know that I did not come up with this recipe and that it is also a great egg fast recipe! (More info about the Egg Fast at the bottom of this article)
You know those danishes that have that little centre of lemony stuff in the middle? No, I’m sure you don’t! 🙂
All I’ve done to the original mock danish is add my own little lemon twist to it while still keeping it egg fast friendly!
If you are tired of boiled, scrambled, poached and deviled eggs and need a boost to your egg fast, this egg fast recipe will perk you up for sure!
I do prefer to avoid sweeteners as much as possible, but with this Lemon Filled Danish I used stevia to taste. On the egg fast it is better to use a liquid stevia like this one.
Tools you will need for this Egg Fast Lemon Danish:
- Small microwavable bowl
- Silicone Baking Cups or small ramekins
- rubber spatula
Keto Lemon Danish Ingredients (makes 2)
- 4 tbsp (or 2 ounces) cream cheese (full fat and brick type like Philadelphia Cream Cheese)
- 2 eggs
- Stevia to equal 2 teaspoons sugar (or to taste)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp Kerrygold butter
- lemon zest or 1 tsp Lemon Extract
- Stevia to taste
Low Carb Lemon Filled Danish Instructions
- In a small microwavable bowl, soften the cream cheese for 30 to 60 seconds depending on your microwave.
- Stir with fork until very creamy.
- Add eggs and beat well until well combined. Add stevia to taste.
- Divide between 2 large Silicone Baking Cups
- Sprinkle with cinnamon
- Put on plate and microwave, checking every 20-30 seconds until done. While still warm, make a little well in the middle. Place in the fridge to cool.
Make Lemon Danish Filling
- In a small glass dish combine coconut oil and butter
- Microwave for 30 seconds
- Stir until everything melted
- Add lemon extract and stevia to taste.
- Put in fridge to cool
Once the lemon filling cools down (it will no longer be clear, it will start to look yellow) spoon it into the center of the 2 danishes. Put back in the fridge until cooled.
If you have not used up all your fat for the day, you could do what I did in this photo, which is double the topping recipe and spoon 1/2 in the center and the other half of the buttery lemon sauce over the Danish and really make this a decadent egg fast recipe!
Let me know if you like it!
Learn more about the Egg Fast Stall Breaker in this article.
See my 4 week Egg Fast Diet results in this article.
Egg Fast Tracker App: This is a free app for Android that helps you keep track of your Egg to Fats ratios, plus your water and cheese consumption. Install the Egg Fast Tracker app here.
For those not following the Egg Fast, here are the nutritional values from My Fitness Pal: Calories 383, Fat 37g, Protein 10g, Carbs 3g
Egg Fast Lemon Cheesecake Fat Bombs
Instant Pot Sous Vide Egg Bites for the Egg Fast!
Keto Mini Egg Fast Pizzas
Best Low Carb Waffles Recipe
Egg Fast Recipe: Egg Puffs
Keto Matcha Tea Fat Bomb for Egg Fast and Shakes!
Egg Fast Recipe: Lemon Filled Danish
Keto Cloud Bread with Dairy Free and Egg Fast Options
Keto Egg Fast Lemon Bars
Mascarpone Hazelnut Low Carb Cheesecake Muffins
Easy Avocado Oil Mayonnaise Recipe So Delicious You Will Want it on Everything!
Egg Fast Approved!
Egg Fast Menu - Day 1
Keto Egg Fast Diet Plan Menu - Day 2
Keto Egg Fast Diet Plan Menu - Day 3
How to Transition from Egg Fast back to Keto LCHF
How to go back to Keto and NOT gain back the weight.
Save this Keto Lemon Danish Recipe to Pinterest!