My 5 Minute Keto Bacon Broccoli Crack Slaw
I feel silly to even call this concoction a recipe but since it’s been a lifesaver for me I’m sharing my 5 minute Bacon Broccoli Crack Slaw recipe.
If you don’t know what crack slaw is, it is a kind of slang term for low carb dishes made with coleslaw mix and usually ground pork or beef. They are fast, easy and perhaps somewhat addicting, and so the name is fitting.
I love using coleslaw mixes for the speed and convenience, and I have several go to low carb crack slaw recipes.
This particular recipe has been a savior when I have come home late from work and there is nothing to eat because I forgot to take something out of the freezer.
If you are a working mom then you know what I’m talking about and you can relate to those last minute calls for pizza. Well that’s fine for the kids.
Luckily there are 3 things you can always find in my fridge: Eggs, bacon and some kind of coleslaw mix. And while the kids are waiting for their pizza, I can be eating this dinner in minutes.
What you’ll need for this keto bacon broccoli crack slaw
My local grocery carries 3 kinds of slaw mix: Angel Hair coleslaw (very long thin strands), regular coleslaw (a mix of green cabbage, purple cabbage and carrots) and broccoli slaw. I love all three, but this recipe makes use of the broccoli slaw.
- frying pan (I use this pan now)
- wooden or silicone spatula
- broccoli slaw mix
- coconut oil
- soy sauce (or coconut aminos for Paleo)
Keto Bacon Broccoli Crack Slaw Printable Recipe Card
- 2 slices bacon
- 2 cups of raw broccoli slaw mix
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Cut bacon into small pieces (I use scissors)
- fry bacon until done to your liking and keep drippings in pan
- Add coconut oil (if needed) and 2 cups broccoli slaw to the pan
- Stir fry until the broccoli sticks soften
- Add 1 tbsp soy sauce, stir fry another minute or so. The soy sauce will cause everything to brown up.
Put in a bowl and eat up! Fast, easy, delicious!
You can use regular coleslaw mix or any of your favorite chopped veggie mixes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 230Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 1350mgCarbohydrates: 10gNet Carbohydrates: 6gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 13g