Keto Egg Fast Lemon Bars
This fantastic cheesecake type recipe for Egg Fast Lemon bars originally came from a couple of group members in the Egg Fast Stall Breaker facebook support group.
I tried it and I loved it but my big issue with it was the egg to fat ratio.
For followers of the Egg Fast, this is important because it’s so easy to lose track of how many eggs vs how many fats, which is a vital component of the Egg Fast.
Also, the original recipe called for 1 oz cheese for each egg and I think people get better results on this fast with less cheese.
So I have tweaked the recipe to end up with not only using one half the amount of cheese, but also keeping with the 1 egg to 1 tbsp fat ratio.
You can also make these Egg Fast Lemon Bars completely dairy free!
Tools and Ingredients Needed to Make Keto Egg Fast Lemon Bars
- A large blender like a Vitamix or Blendtec ( a Magic Bullet will be too small for this recipe). This Ninja blender is also a great choice.
- Either a 9 x 9 inch pan or a 12 cavity muffin pan or these super cute single serving loaf pans.
- Cream Cheese
- True Lemon Crystals (be sure to get the package that says 0 carbs, 0 sugar)
- Granulated erythritol such as So Nourished sweetener
Changing up the Egg Fast Lemon Bars
Ok, there’s lots of things you can do here! Check out the Lime Bars I made for St. Patrick’s Day!
Here are a few variation ideas to change the flavor:
- The True Lemon Crystals now come in other flavors like Lime and Orange
- Omit the sweetener and use one of the allowed Skinny Mix sugar free drink mixes to flavor the bars. My favorite is Caramel Pecan!
- Instead of True Lemon crystals make use of extracts like Maple, Rum, Banana, Coconut, etc. I’m very intrigued by these flavor sets but they don’t ship to Canada.
- You can make this completely dairy free by substituting coconut oil for the butter and 1 tbsp mayonnaise for each ounce of cream cheese.
Have fun and see what variations you can come up with!
Printable Recipe Card for Egg Fast Lemon Bars
- 6 Eggs
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 4 packets True Lemon Crystals
- 3 Tbsp Erythritol/stevia blend (or sweetener of choice)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Put all ingredients into a large blender
- Blend until frothy
- If using a regular pan, line with parchment. If using muffin tins, use cupcake liners.
- Pour mixture into 9 inch pan or 12 muffin pan or 12 mini loaves
- Bake 20 minutes for muffins or mini loaves and 30 minutes for 9 inch pan.
- Cool and cut into 12 equal portions (if using pan)
I like these cold from the fridge, they taste a little like cheesecake!
On the Egg fast: 2 squares, 2 muffins or 2 mini loaves = 1 egg, 1 tbsp fat and 1/2 ounce cheese
For Dairy Free Bars:
- You can make this completely dairy free by substituting coconut oil or Ghee for the butter and 1 tbsp mayonnaise for each ounce of cream cheese.
Serving Size:2 bars
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 238Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 218mgSodium: 206mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 8g
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar.
Here are some other Egg Fast recipes for you to try!
Save these Egg Fast Lemon Bars to Pinterest!