Best Flourless Keto Waffles Recipe – Egg Fast Approved!
I consider this simple 2-3 ingredient waffle to be the best low carb waffles recipe for Keto!
Every now and then I pull out my waffle maker and make the kids a big old batch of waffles. It is so awesome that I can make these for myself at the same time.
Low Carb 2 Ingredient Keto Waffles with no nut flours, is it possible?
These keto egg and cream cheese waffles are not only low carb, they are practically no carb! There are no fancy ingredients like coconut flour or ground up this and that.
And this is way cheaper and easier and healthier than a low carb waffle mix.
All you need is eggs and fats! Honestly, that is it. Plus whatever you want to top it with.
They can be made in advance and then popped in the toaster to make them crispy. You could also use the waffles as bread to hold a fried egg sandwich or a low carb BLT.
The idea originated from the famous cream cheese pancake recipe on this blog. I have modified that recipe for all kinds of things and I just find it simpler than using a premade low carb pancake mix.
Those never taste very good anyways and have so many ingredients we don’t need.
Want some free printables to help you with the egg fast?
Get the rules, checklist, tracker, and grocery list here!!
Tools You Will Need to Make the Best Low Carb Waffle Recipe
- A blender or Magic Bullet. (I used my Vitamix)
- A Waffle Maker (big one) or this Mini Waffle maker that I am loving!
Tips and Tricks for this Low carb waffle recipe
- They won’t come out crispy like regular waffles . However, they crisp up very nicely in my toaster oven, so you can make lots of these in advance and toast them as you need them.
- That said, there is a way to make them a little crispier. Substitute 1 ounce of the cream cheese for 1 tbsp melted coconut oil or melted butter. This bit of extra crispiness is only noticeable when eaten fresh from the waffle maker.
- Dairy Free Keto Waffles: Simply substitute 2 tbsp mayo for the 2 ounces cream cheese.
- These make a great low carb or Keto dessert like my Raspberry Crepes , top them with berries and unsweetened whip cream.
- NOTE: To make these fluffy like in my picture at the top, blend everything except for the egg whites. Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form and then gently fold the egg whites into the mixture that you have blended. It’s more work so I rarely do it, but there it is!
- If you are following the Egg Fast, you can use these as bread for fried egg sandwiches or even make grilled cheese sandwiches. See Egg Fast Menu Day 2.
- For the Egg Fast, the entire recipe counts as 2 eggs and 2 ounces cheese (or 2 tbsp fat if you substituted mayo or another fat for the cream cheese). I found 1/2 the recipe to be very filling once I topped it with butter!
But I Want the Low Carb Waffles to be More Bread Like!
Yes, I get that and so here is what you can do! (Not on the egg fast though)
Add 1 tbsp almond flour and 1 tsp baking powder to the basic recipe below. Your waffles will be much firmer.
Low Carb Waffles Recipe Card
- 2 eggs
- 2 ounces cream cheese OR 2 tbsp mayo (if doing dairy free)
- Optional 2 tbsp skinny syrup
- In your blender or Magic Bullet, toss in the eggs and cream cheese. I didn't bother to bring anything to room temperature.
- Blend the eggs and cream cheese until you get a thin and bubbly batter (see my photo)
- You will need to let the batter rest for a few moments. This is when I get out the waffle maker and preheat it for 5 minutes.
- Once the waffle maker is hot, pour the entire batch into the waffle maker. This will of course depend on the size. I have a big cuisinart waffle maker. If your waffle maker is small, adjust accordingly.
- Close the lid and wait until you no longer see any steam (about 5 minutes).
- Put on a plate and top them up!
See Tips and Tricks in main post.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:2 waffles
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 152 Total Fat: 11g Carbohydrates: 2g Net Carbohydrates: 2g Sugar: 1g Protein: 9g
What toppings can I use on these 2 Ingredient Keto Waffles?
Oh the possibilities! I have already mentioned a few of my favorites:
- Butter and any type or flavor of sugar free syrup
- Sugar free chocolate chips
- A few berries and whipped cream
- Cinnamon and granulated erythritol like this So Nourished sweetener.
When doing the egg fast, the topping I usually make is simply this: I slightly melt 1 tbsp butter in a dish. Stir in 1 teaspoon of sugar free syrup and drizzle over top the waffles. Heavenly!
The other thing I have been doing lately is adding in 2 tbsp Skinny Syrup right into the waffle batter before blending. I just love how they taste and then I don’t even add anything except butter!
Use my code KETOGENICWOMAN to save 10% on your first order of Skinny Mix!
Why do I think this is the Best Low Carb Waffles Recipe?
- The recipe has only 2 ingredients!
- Fast and simple to make.
- This is a perfect egg fast waffle recipe as well as carnivore waffle if you are trying those plans.
- Can be used for savory recipes as well as sweet desserts.
- The only carbs are the very low carbs in eggs and cream cheese or mayo (and whatever you top them with)
- No weird ingredients! You can keep it a simple 2 ingredient waffle recipe or you can make it fancier if you want.
I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!