These Keto Kholrabi Chaffles are a delicious crunchy and savory waffle that have become a family favorite in my house! Perfect for a weekend breakfast, brunch or even lunch.
Savory and Crispy Keto Kholrabi Chaffles!
We have eaten so many of these crispy kholrabi waffles that I thought I should just put them here on the blog so others can print out the recipe (way down below).
They are crispy on the outside with a great onion/hash brown type texture in the middle and topped with sour cream, they are a comfort food straight from my childhood!
But first, I know there are a couple questions!
What is Kholrabi and How do You Eat It?
This is the first question I get when I mention kholrabi. It is sometimes called German turnip.
Anywhere you would use a turnip or a radish, you can use kholrabi. Soups, salads, raw or cooked.
My favorite way to eat kholrabi (besides this kholrabi chaffle!) is thinly sliced raw!
Is Kholrabi Keto Friendly?
That’s a definite YES!
One cup of raw kholrabi provides 36 calories, 8 grams Carbs and 5 grams Fiber, for net carbs of 3.
It also provides 93% of your daily Vitamin C requirement!
You can find a lot more information about the health benefits of kholrabi from this website.
What You will Need to Make these Keto Kholrabi Chaffles
- Raw kholrabi
- Green onions
- Cheese grated
- Salt & Pepper
- Waffle Maker. I always use my big waffle maker but you can certainly make these in your mini Dash!
Recipe Card for Keto Kholrabi Chaffles
- 1/2 cup grated Raw Kholrabi
- 2-3 green onions chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the waffle iron
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl except for grated cheese
- When Waffle iron is ready, sprinkle 1/4 cup grated cheese over the iron.
- Spread kholrabi egg mixture over the cheese layer
- Sprinkle rest of cheese over the egg layer
- Close waffle iron and let cook for at least 5 minutes
- Remove with plastic spatula and garnish with sour cream and if desired, chopped bacon and chives
Check out More Low Carb Chaffles and Waffles!
Save this Crispy Cheesy Kholrabi Waffle recipe to Pinterest!