When you need something sweet but not complicated, this keto chocolate chip chaffle will fit the bill! Even kids will love this! Recipe includes a variation to make a mocha chocolate chip chaffle. Enjoy this sugar free, gluten free chaffle or waffle for a meal or a snack!
Keto Chocolate Chip Chaffles
Only 4 ingredients are keeping you from eating this delicious keto chocolate chip chaffle treat!
This one is fast and easy with no almond flour and nothing complicated to do. Just the way I like it!
You can eat this warm off the waffle maker, or cold out of the fridge! Top it with whipped cream for next level decadence. Cold out of the fridge it tastes like a chocolate bar! I just LOVE this recipe!
Gather your ingredients together!
- mozzarella cheese
- sugar free chocolate chips
- granulated erythritol or monkfruit (like this So Nourished sweetener)
And that’s it! Oh! Don’t forget your mini Dash Waffle maker.
But if you don’t care if they are cute little round Eggo sized waffles, then by all means use your regular waffle maker. Just double the recipe for best results.
Why is this Chaffle so good?
- It’s super fast and easy
- There are no special ingredients required
- You can keep it simple and eat it as is, or you can dress it up all fancy for a special dessert or brunch dish
- There is plenty of protein to balance off the sweetness, in other words you can eat dessert for breakfast!
- Each satisfying keto chocolate chip chaffle contains only 1 net carb!
How to Make this a Mocha Chocolate Chip Chaffle
- You can use the icing from my Coffee Crisp Chaffle to make this a mocha chocolate chip chaffle!
- Or you can make coffee flavored whip cream. Whip 1/4 cup heavy cream with 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee plus sweetener to taste. This will be enough for the 3 chaffles in this recipe.
- Top each chaffle with either the coffee icing or the coffee whipped cream and a few sugar free chocolate chips.
Basic Chocolate Chip Chaffle
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon granulated sweetener
- 2 tbsp sugar free chocolate chips
- Whipped cream (add some instant coffee for a mocha whipped cream!)
- powdered sweetener
- extra chocolate chips
- coffee icing (see Notes)
- Plug in the mini waffle maker
- In a small bowl beat egg and mix with shredded cheese, sweetener and chocolate chips
- Place 1/3 mixture in the mini waffle maker, close lid and allow to cook for 3-4 minutes
- Place cooked chaffle on rack to cool
- Repeat 2 more times with rest of batter
- Enjoy as is, or fancy it up with optional garnishes
For Mocha Chocolate Chip Chaffle:
You can either use my coffee buttercream icing from (https://ketogenicwoman.com/keto-coffee-crisp-chaffle/)
OR you can whip 1/4 cup heavy cream with 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee and sweetener to taste, enough to top 3 chaffles.
Serving Size:1 Chaffle
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 83Total Fat: 6.3gCarbohydrates: 3gNet Carbohydrates: 1gFiber: 2gProtein: 9g