Keto Zucchini Chaffles are basically a waffle with a cheese coating. A savory and delicious way to use up your zucchini from the garden. Leftovers make a delicious bread and bun substitute.
Crunchy Savory Keto Zucchini Chaffle
Or maybe I should call this keto zucchini chaffle a Zaffle?
A chaffle is basically a crunchy waffle and they are all the craze right now in the Keto world.
I’ve been making these for my Mom all summer long and I had no idea I was making a Chaffle, until I started reading about it on Facebook!
They are quite delicious and an amazing way to use up zucchini from the garden.
What You Will Need to Make Keto Zucchini Chaffles
- Your favorite cheese, grated
- Fresh grated zucchini
- chopped onion, garlic,herbs (all optional but I love these with fresh dill!)
- Dash mini waffle maker or regular non stick waffle maker
- box grater to grate the zucchini and cheese
Putting Together Keto Chaffles
When you make these keto zucchini chaffles or any other chaffles, the whole idea is that you are making a waffle with a crunchy outer coating.
What makes them a chaffle is the technique of layering the cheese on the waffle maker with the filling in the middle. (See recipe card below for instructions)
Chaffles are perfect for leftovers because they are sturdy enough to be toasted. They also make a delicious sandwich.
But I like eating these keto zucchini chaffles fresh from the waffle maker with some dill and sour cream. YUM!
For instructions on how to make the basic egg and cheese chaffle please see my Basic Keto Chaffle post. These can be used for egg fast, bread and bun substitutes and can be made both sweet and savory!
Printable Recipe Card for Keto Zucchini Chaffles
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups grated zucchini (about 1 fresh small zucchini)
- 1 cup grated cheese (any type)
- 1 tbsp minced onion
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- chopped fresh dill (optional but good!)
- Preheat waffle maker
- Whisk eggs in bowl and stir in zucchini, onions,garlic,herbs
- Sprinkle about 1 tbsp cheese on waffle maker
- Place 1/4 cup zucchini egg mixture on top of cheese
- Sprinkle with 1 tbsp grated cheese
- Close lid and cook for about 5 minutes or until cheese is crispy
- Repeat with rest of cheese and egg/zucchini mixture
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of chives and dill
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:2 waffles
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 170 Total Fat: 12g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 121mg Sodium: 224mg Carbohydrates: 5g Net Carbohydrates: 4g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 2g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 11g
Check out these other Keto Breakfast Ideas!
Save these savory and crunchy keto zucchini chaffles to Pinterest!