Keto Zucchini Chaffles are basically a waffle with a cheese coating. A savory and delicious way to use up your zucchini from the garden. Leftovers make a delicious bread and bun substitute.
Crunchy Savory Keto Zucchini Chaffle
Or maybe I should call this keto zucchini chaffle a Zaffle?
A chaffle is basically a crunchy waffle and they are all the craze right now in the Keto world.
I’ve been making these for my Mom all summer long and I had no idea I was making a Chaffle, until I started reading about it on Facebook!
They are quite delicious and an amazing way to use up zucchini from the garden.
What You Will Need to Make Keto Zucchini Chaffles
- Your favorite cheese, grated
- Fresh grated zucchini
- chopped onion, garlic,herbs (all optional but I love these with fresh dill!)
- Dash mini waffle maker or regular non stick waffle maker
- box grater to grate the zucchini and cheese
Putting Together Keto Chaffles
When you make these keto zucchini chaffles or any other chaffles, the whole idea is that you are making a waffle with a crunchy outer coating.
What makes them a chaffle is the technique of layering the cheese on the waffle maker with the filling in the middle. (See recipe card below for instructions)
But even if you don’t do that part, you can just mix all the cheese into the batter and this still tastes awesome!
Chaffles are perfect for leftovers because they are sturdy enough to be toasted. They also make a delicious sandwich.
But I like eating these keto zucchini chaffles fresh from the waffle maker with some dill and sour cream. YUM!
For instructions on how to make the basic egg and cheese chaffle please see my Basic Keto Chaffle post. These can be used for egg fast, bread and bun substitutes and can be made both sweet and savory!
Printable Recipe Card for Keto Zucchini Chaffles
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups grated zucchini (about 1 fresh small zucchini)
- 1 cup grated cheese (any type)
- 1 tbsp minced onion
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- chopped fresh dill (optional but good!)
- Preheat mini waffle maker
- Whisk eggs in bowl and stir in zucchini, onions,garlic,herbs and most of the cheese. You can reserve some of the cheese to make the crispy coating.
- Sprinkle a teaspoon of cheese on waffle maker (optional)
- Place 1/4 cup zucchini egg mixture on top of cheese
- Sprinkle with 1 tsp grated cheese(optional)
- Close lid and cook for about 4-5 minutes or until cheese is crispy
- Place on rack to cool.
- Repeat with rest of cheese and egg/zucchini mixture until all batter is used up.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of chives and dill
If you have a large Belgian waffle maker such as the full size Dash machine, then you can use all the batter to make 4 large waffles. I prefer mine a little smaller and thinner so I spread half the batter over my waffle maker, cook and then spread the other half to make 8 waffles.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:2 waffles
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 170Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 121mgSodium: 224mgCarbohydrates: 5gNet Carbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 11g
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar.
Check out these other Keto Breakfast Ideas!
Save these savory and crunchy keto zucchini chaffles to Pinterest!