Keto Overnight French Toast Casserole could very well become your own favorite recipe for those special weekend brunch occasions. A great use of chaffles or any other low carb bread you prefer. Sweet rich base with crunchy pecan topping. Your family will love it!
Keto Overnight French Toast Casserole
I really love this simple low carb brunch casserole because everything can be done the day before. In the morning you can just pop it in the oven for 30 minutes or so and enjoy it with sausage and/or bacon.
And it’s so much easier than making individual French Toasts!
Special bonus: I discovered that cold leftovers taste like Pecan Pie!
Things You Will Need to Make This Low Carb French Toast Casserole
- 4-5 Chaffles or slices of Low Carb Bread (I made it with Chaffles)
- Heavy Cream
- Sweetener. For the casserole base you will want an erythritol blend like this So Nourished sweetener. For the candied pecan topping I recommend a brown sugar replacement like Sukrin Gold.
You will also need these tools:
- Glass pie plate or casserole dish
- Mixing bowl
- Waffle Iron (if you are using chaffles instead of bread)
Overnight French Toast Casserole Tips and Tricks
- Assemble your casserole the night before to let the chaffles or bread soak up the liquid.
- Check out the graphic below to visually see how to make chaffles. (or you can use low carb bread! but the chaffles are excellent!)
- You can also get more details here about how to make a basic chaffle.
- Remember you will need 4 chaffles so double the amounts in the graphic below since it shows instructions for making 2 Chaffles!
Printable Recipe Card for Keto Overnight French Toast Casserole
Chaffle Bread Pudding
- 4 Chaffles
- 4 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sweetener
- 1 tsp cinnamon
For the Pecan Topping:
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 6 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp Sukrin Gold
- Make Chaffles and allow to cool
- Tear the chaffles (or bread if using) into bite size pieces and place in a glass pie plate or casserole dish
- Combine beaten eggs, heavy cream, sweetener and cinnamon in bowl and pour over chaffles.
- Place in refridgerator overnight.
- When ready to bake heat oven to 350
- Melt butter and combine with Sukrin Gold and chopped pecans
- Spread over the casserole
- Bake for about 35 minutes or until custard is set and top is browned.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 175Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 88mgSodium: 72mgCarbohydrates: 3gNet Carbohydrates: 2gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 3g
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar.
Save this Keto Overnight French Toast Casserole using Chaffles to Pinterest!