Croutons are back on the menu with these Keto Chaffle Croutons made with parmesan cheese and garlic flavors. Top your salads and soups with these crunchy croutons that are essentially only 1 net carb per serving!
How to Make Keto Chaffle Croutons for crazy good salads and soups!
Where have these chaffles been all my keto life! Not only are they better than bread substitutes, now crispy, crunchy croutons are back on the menu too!?
Seems impossible, but it’s true!
Come with me to see how easy it is to elevate your low carb soups and salads with keto chaffle croutons!
What do you need for making keto Chaffle Croutons?
Make a minimum of 2 chaffles (I usually make with 4 chaffles because they keep well!)
- Fresh grated parmesan (or strong cheese of your choice)
- Herbs and spices of your choice (I like the garlic and onion flavored croutons)
- Optional ingredients include a little bit of almond flour, baking powder and those cool bread flavor drops you can buy!
- If you are already making chaffles then you probably already have the awesome mini waffle maker! I buckled and got myself the full size Dash to save time. I have to say I do love it!
What can you do with Keto Chaffle Croutons?
Last week I made Herbed Garlic Croutons for this Keto Panera Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe
You can use these to make a stuffing for your turkey this year! Imagine that!
Tonight I pulled a handful out of my crouton bag and tossed on my salad (see below)
Pretty much anywhere that you would have used croutons or breadcrumbs in a recipe, you can use these!
Printable Recipe Card for Making Keto Chaffle Croutons
Basic Chaffle ingredients for 4 chaffles
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 tsp each garlic and onion powder
- good shake of salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 cup grated fresh parmesan
- 1 tbsp almond flour (or 1 tsp coconut flour)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 12 drops of bread flavor (rye, sourdough, cornbread)
- Heat waffle maker
- Add spices, salt and pepper (and optional ingredients if using) to beaten eggs
- When waffle maker is hot, sprinkle 1/2 the cheese on the griddle
- Spread egg mixture evenly over top
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over top of the egg mixture
- Close waffle maker and allow to cook at least 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cool waffles on rack
- Cut waffles in cubes with scissors
- Spread the cubes on baking pan with parchment paper
- Bake for 20 minutes
Try some other Chaffle recipes!
Keto Panera Broccoli Cheese Soup Copy Cat
This heart warming and satisfying keto broccoli cheese Panera copy cat soup is going to be a family favorite. Topped with Chaffle Croutons!
Crunchy Keto Jalapeno Poppers with Copy Cat Bronco Berry Sauce
That's right! We made Chaffles in a corn dog maker! Crunchy Jalapeno Poppers in a chaffle crust are to die for! Plus we also show you how to make these with regular chaffles too!
The Best Keto Poutine Ever!
The best keto poutine using crispy chaffle sticks made with cauliflower rice, savory gravy and cheese curds! So close to the real deal with out the carbs!
Keto Nutter Butter Chaffle Cookies Almond Butter Copy Cat Recipe
Remember Nutter Butter biscuits? This peanut free keto almond butter cookie version is addictive!
Keto Pumpkin Dessert - Chaffle Bread Pudding with Cranberries!
A great low carb dessert for Fall! Pumpkin and cranberry bread pudding custard with chaffles as the bread!
Keto Copy Cat Blooming Onion Chaffle Sticks with Dip
This chaffle tastes like onion rings and the blooming onion dipping sauce is amazing!
Crunchy Savory Keto Zucchini Chaffles
You will love this crunchy savory waffle with zucchini and dill. My mom's favorite lunch!
How to Make a Keto Egg Fast Chaffle
All the instructions for making the basic chaffles. These chaffles are the cornerstone recipe and instructions to all the chaffles on the internet! Variations for both sweet and savory keto chaffles.
Best Low Carb Waffles Recipe - Perfect Keto Egg Fast Meal!
The basic and famous 2 ingredient best low carb waffle for keto dieters.
Pin these Homemade Crunchy Keto Croutons to Pinterest!