Nobody will ever guess that this Keto Panera Broccoli Cheese Soup copy cat version is low in carbs! It’s got that same satisfying creamy texture and flavor! Even skinny crunchy croutons for on top. This soup will please the whole family!
Keto Panera Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe
There is something about the cooler days of Fall that make me want to make a good hot soup.
Few soups are as satisfying as the well seasoned, creamy, cheesy broccoli soup they serve at Panera.
We may not be serving it in a bread bowl like they do in the restaurant, but we do have savory crunchy low carb croutons for on top!
Here’s what you need to make this Copy Cat Keto Panera Soup!
- What I like best about this soup is there are no special or unusual ingredients. You’ll have most of this on hand in your pantry and fridge. The only thing I had to buy was broccoli!
- A 3 quart heavy bottom pot
- If you want the croutons, you will need 2 chaffles (or 2 slices of zero carb bread)
- A baking pan (with parchment or baking pan) to bake the crunchy croutons
Recipe Card for Keto Panera Broccoli Cheese Soup
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 c chopped onion
- 1/2 lbs fresh broccoli, chopped into small florets
- 2 tbsp grated carrots
- 1 1/2 c chicken broth
- 1/2 brick (4 oz) cream cheese
- 1/2 c heavy cream
- 1/2 c unsweetened almond or cashew milk
- 1 tsp Tabasco
- 1 tsp ground mustard powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 c (4 oz) grated sharp cheddar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 c grated cheese
- 1/2 tsp dried Italian blend
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a large pot, heat butter over medium heat. Add onions and saute until translucent.
- Add all remaining soup ingredients except grated cheddar
- Bring to a low simmer and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat, stir in grated cheese until melted.
- Adjust seasonings if needed
- Serve garnished with extra cheese and chaffle croutons.
Chaffle Croutons: You can make these a day ahead or start them before starting the soup.
Make 1 recipe of basic chaffles (makes 2) and add 1/2 tsp Italian blend and 1/8 tsp garlic powder, salt & pepper to the beaten egg.
After Chaffles are cooked and cooled, cut into small cubes. Bake in the oven at 350F on cookie sheet until dry and crunchy, about 20 minutes.
Serving Size:1 cup
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 389 Total Fat: 35g Saturated Fat: 21g Unsaturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 78mg Carbohydrates: 8g Net Carbohydrates: 6.5g Fiber: 1.5g Protein: 10g
Check out these other Keto and Low Carb Soup Recipes for Fall!
Keto Panera Broccoli Cheese Soup Copy Cat
Forget Panera, you can make this delicious and satisfying Broccoli Cheese soup at home Keto style!
Instant Pot Coconut Curry Chicken Soup - Keto, Low Carb, Gluten Free
Super fast and low carb easy shredded coconut curry chicken soup.
Keto Sausage Soup with Peppers and Spinach
This delicious sausage soup has a satisfying combination of spicy Poblano pepper, classic herbs, and an interesting blend of spices.
Keto Chicken Fajita Soup for the Instant Pot
A delicious healthy easy Mexican theme soup to warm you up! Turns out fantastic in the Instant Pot.
Keto Thai Coconut Curry Soup (Instant Pot and Stove Top)
Satisfying and flavorful Thai Coconut Curry soup.