Instant Pot Coconut Curry Chicken Soup – Keto, Low Carb, Gluten Free
So I have not yet shared any of my Instant Pot recipes here and I thought I would start with this amazing Instant Pot Coconut Curry Chicken Soup.
This soup recipe was inspired by the Coconut Curry Chicken recipe over at Dan Quibel’s Keto Camp. I tweaked it to make it a soup and swapped out a couple of ingredients. (Please visit them and consider signing up for a future Keto Camp, it’s a great way to break through a keto plateau or jump start your keto lifestyle).
Since I have made this soup 3 times this past month and everyone loves it, I think it’s definitely share worthy!
It can actually be made in the crock pot or slow cooker (all day) or Instant pot in under an hour including prep time!
The Instant Pot Coconut Curry Chicken Soup can be frozen and keeps well in the fridge, in fact it tastes better the next day as leftovers!
In these photos I used chicken breast, but I love it just as much using boneless skinless chicken thighs.
Things you will need to make this Instant Pot Coconut Curry Chicken Soup
- 1-2 small shallots (or ½ cup onion). Shallots have a more intense flavor than onion, so you can use a smaller amount of shallots to get the same flavor of onion with less carbs.
- 2-3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp mild curry powder (I used Madras curry)
- 6 skinless boneless chicken breasts or 12 skinless boneless thighs
- 2 cans coconut milk (unsweetened)
- 1 regular can Rotel diced tomatoes. (Use regular diced tomatoes if you can’t find Rotel, I just like the extra zingyness of Rotel)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Handful of chopped fresh cilantro
- And of course your Instant Pot!
If you are using the crockpot, just put it all in the crockpot in the morning , put the lid on and cook on low for at least 8 hours. Take out the chicken and shred it with 2 forks, then put it back in and let it heat through again.
Full instructions for the Instant Pot Coconut Curry Chicken Soup are in the printable recipe card below.
Serving Size: 1 bowl
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 364Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 21gTrans Fat: 0gCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 25g