These keto true Carnivore waffles are a perfect change of pace when you want something a little different! The same batter can be used to make a loaf of carnivore bread as well!
Keto Carnivore Waffles
I’m in the middle of a 30 day Carnivore challenge. If you have ever done one before, you probably get it when I say that I needed something that was meat but didn’t look or taste like meat?
I cannot take credit for coming up with these carnivore waffles. There was a carnivore bread recipe posted in a facebook group that had apparently come from another facebook group and even after some googling I could find nothing like it in order to give credit.
My first thought when I saw the carnivore bread was that it could be made into waffles and so I changed it up and here we are!
What are Keto Carnivore Waffles made of?
It should be no surprise that they would be made of mostly meat! 🙂
You are going to need:
- ground chicken or turkey
- ground beef
- parmesan cheese
- waffle maker (I used full size maker)
And yet they don’t taste like these ingredients!
The original carnivore bread recipe did call for a starch free baking powder. I made a batch of waffles both with the baking powder and without the baking powder and if you look at the image, there is literally no difference.
I could not taste any difference either.
When I made the carnivore bread, I did use the baking powder but I think my next batch will be made without it.
Do Keto Carnivore Waffles taste like Waffles?
If you are asking will they be crisp on the outside and light and fluffy inside, then sorry, the answer is no.
BUT, they taste good! Just in a different way!
My first try, I put butter and sugar free syrup on them and they made a pretty damn good substitute for waffles while doing carnivore. Although most people doing carnivore would frown on that sugar free syrup.
The next day, I decided to embrace the fact that they are meat and I made a savory dip for them instead. And that was pretty darn good as well! I’ve included that dip recipe for you below:
Another way that you could enjoy these waffles as a carnivore meal is with this classic beef liver pate.
I think that would be super delicious!
Other Tips and Comments about the Keto Carnivore Waffles
- Blend as smooth as possible in blender for best texture results
- You can use the same batter to make a loaf of bread or even muffins. Add some non starch containing baking powder.
- Both the waffles and the sliced bread are excellent toasted.
- You can also make carnivore chaffles with the mini waffle maker, this recipe will make at least 10 chaffles
- The sliced carnivore bread makes an amazing grilled cheese sandwich.
- The carnivore waffles make a good cold snack, especially if you spread with the french onion bacon dip.
- Don’t smell the batter before baking just because.
- Do not skip the step about simmering the meat in water for a few minutes. Your waffle maker will thank you!
This book on the Carnivore Diet is a fantastic resource for anyone wanting to learn all the ins and outs of how to do a zero carb lifestyle.
Printable Recipe Card for Carnivore Waffles
- 10 eggs
- 8 oz ground chicken or turkey (or skinless chicken breast cut in small pieces)
- 8 oz ground beef
- 4 tbsp dry parmesan cheese
- Simmer meats in 2-3 cups water for 10 minutes, drain in collander and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Plug in waffle maker to preheat.
- Blend egg and parmesan in blender.
- Add cooked chicken and beef
- Blend until very smooth
- Pour half the batter in full size waffle maker, close lid and cook until steam subsides (5-7 minutes)
- Repeat with rest of batter.
To make Carnivore Chaffles, pour about 1/4 cup batter into a mini dash waffle maker. You will get 10 or more Chaffles from this recipe.
To make a loaf of bread, preheat oven to 375 and pour batter into a greased loaf pan.
Bake for 40-50 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 257 Total Fat: 16g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 306mg Sodium: 195mg Carbohydrates: 1g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 0g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 27g