This keto hot buffalo dip is fast, easy and foolproof! Of all the hot dips out there, this is the family favorite and can be made using a variety of methods! Impress your friends with this perfect keto appetizer!
Easy Zesty Keto Hot Buffalo Chicken Dip
This hot chicken buffalo dip is one of the most popular naturally low carb appetizers at parties and gatherings. Why is that?
- It tastes amazing and is full of flavor!
- It can be made using instant pot, crockpot, stovetop and oven
- You can use frozen chicken, rotisserie chicken or leftover chicken
- It’s perfect for potlucks, football and super bowl parties, TV night and gatherings of all kinds.
- It’s easy to make and pretty much fool proof!
- The ingredients are already naturally low in carbs
- There’s a good chance that you have every ingredient already!
What ingredients will you need for making this Hot Chicken Buffalo Dip?
- Chicken breast (see next section)
- Hot sauce (I like Franks Red Hot)
- Cream cheese
- Keto friendly Ranch dressing like this one (or Blue cheese dressing if preferred)
- Cheddar cheese
- Basic spices such as garlic and onion powder, paprika, salt and pepper
- You can make this dip using an Instant Pot, crockpot, cooking pot or baking dish
What kind of chicken can you use for keto Hot Buffalo Dip?
Basically, this recipe needs 1 lb of shredded chicken which is approximately 2 large skinless boneless chicken breasts. How you get there is up to you and what you have available so it’s super flexible!
- Frozen chicken . Follow the Instant pot directions in the printable recipe card.
- Unfrozen raw chicken. Cook using any method you prefer (microwave, boil, bake, instant pot), then shred the chicken and continue with rest of directions.
- Leftover cooked chicken. Shred 12-14 ounces of the chicken and use it following card directions.
- Rotisserie chicken from supermarket. Take the skin off and shred approximately 12-14 ounces.
Printable Recipe card for keto Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 1 pound frozen boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup water
- 4 ounce cream cheese
- 1/2 cup Frank's Red Hot sauce, or hot sauce of choice
- 1/2 cup keto friendly ranch dressing
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon hot or sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Instant Pot Instructions
- Add 1 cup water to Instant Pot.
- Place frozen chicken breasts on a trivet in the Instant Pot. Cook on high pressure for 25 minutes. Allow 10 minutes natural pressure release, then release remaining pressure.
- Remove chicken and shred with 2 forks.
- Drain the broth from the Instant Pot and reserve.
- Add 1/4 cup of the reserved broth back to the pot with all remaining ingredients except the chicken and cheddar cheese.
- Set the pot to sauté and bring the ingredients to a simmer, whisking to break up and melt the cream cheese.
- Add the chicken and cheddar cheese and stir well.
- Serve with veggies of choice and pork rinds.
Crockpot: Place all ingredients except cheddar cheese in crockpot and cook for 8 hours. Remove chicken, shred with 2 forks. Place chicken back into crock pot and stir in the cheese. Cook until heated through.
Stovepot: (assuming chicken is already cooked and shredded). Combine all ingredients except cheddar and heat until everything is cooked and combined. Stir in cheddar and heat until melted.
Oven: Combine cooked shredded chicken along with all the other ingredients in casserole dish (9x9). Bake at 350 until hot and bubbly (about 20 minutes)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 234Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 68mgSodium: 637mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 17g
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar.
Save this foolproof keto hot chicken buffalo dip to Pinterest!