These keto cranberry lemon bars have a burst of flavor in every bite! A thick buttery shortbread crust with a lemon topping crowned with tart cranberries and the crunch of slivered almonds make this a special holiday dessert that is low in carbs!
Keto Cranberry Lemon Bars
These festive squares are absolutely bursting with flavor!
The thick shortbread crust is rich and buttery. The lemon filling seeps into the crust and if that wasn’t enough the cranberries add another whammy of tart!
I love both lemon AND cranberries so this dessert is just heaven for me.
Other than the fresh cranberries, you probably have most of the ingredients in your pantry and fridge, so this is a great dessert for that reason alone! And fresh cranberries are plentiful in the fall at the supermarket, so no problem getting those.
Ingredients needed for Keto Cranberry Lemon Bars
- granulated sweetener like this So Nourished monkfruit blend
- Almond flour (finely ground)
- Almond extract
- Powdered sugar free sweetener like this So Nourished erythritol
- 2-3 lemons
- coconut flour
- sliced almonds
- fresh or frozen cranberries
Tools I used:
Tips and Tricks to make this Low Carb Cranberry Lemon treat!
These keto lemon cranberry bars are a very straight forward dessert to make but there’s always a few questions I know I will get, so I try to get those out of the way right off the top!
- If your cranberries are frozen, take them out of the freezer when you start, measure out the 1 cup and then let them soften while you are making the dessert.
- When cranberries are in season buy a couple extra bags to throw in the freezer so you can make these as well as other keto cranberry dishes. Cranberries are very low in carbs!
- Don’t forget the step about lining the cake pan with parchment paper. Unless you have a good silicon pan and lots of confidence!
- When pressing the shortbread crust into the pan it will be very thick, that is good!
- I like to make these lemon squares the day before and then cut them the next day. They will be very firm and set. A pizza cutter works great to get a nice even slice.
- These keto lemon cranberry bars can be frozen.
Printable Recipe Card for Keto Cranberry Lemon Squares
- 3/4 C + 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1/2 C granulated monk fruit (or sweetener of choice)
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 C finely ground Almond Flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cup powdered erythritol
- zest of 2 lemons
- 2/3 C fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 C fresh cranberries (or frozen defrosted)
- 1/4 C sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a sprayed 8-9 inch square baking pan with parchment paper.
- In large bowl, cream together the butter, granulated sweetener and almond extract. Mix in the almond flour.
- Press dough into the bottom of the baking pan and put in the fridge for 15 minutes to firm up the dough.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until edges are just turning brown.
- Remove and set aside to cool. Reduce oven temp to 325.
- Whisk eggs and powdered sweetener in a bowl. Add lemon zest and juice and whisk.
- Whisk in coconut flour, baking powder and salt.
- Sprinkle cranberries over the crust and pour in the lemon mixture. The cranberries will float to the top. Sprinkle sliced almonds evenly over top.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until filling is set.
- Allow the pan to cool to room temperature, then refrigerate until completely cold before slicing.
- Lift cake from pan by lifting up the parchment paper and then place on a board. Slice into 16 equal squares with sharp knife or pizza cutter.
See main article for tips and tricks
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 133 Total Fat: 11g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 50mg Sodium: 118mg Carbohydrates: 6g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 2g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 5g