This Keto Cranberry Mousse will excite your tastebuds featuring the tartness of cranberries in a fluffy cheesecake base. Spoon into dessert cups or make into a cheesecake.
Keto Cranberry Mousse for an Elegant Holiday Dessert
There’s one thing you can always find in my freezer and that is bags of fresh cranberries! I live in an area surrounded by cranberry farms and and when I drive by those large red flooded fields of cranberries, I know it’s time to stock up!
Are Cranberries Keto?
Many people are surprised how easy it is to fit cranberries into a keto lifestyle. The nutritional benefits of cranberries are impressive and you can read those details in Medical News Today.
Fresh Cranberries are low in carbs and high in fibre. One cup of cranberries has only 50 calories, 12g carbs and 5g fibre. So for this recipe, that is only 7 net carbs spread over 12 servings.
This does not apply to dried cranberries which are typically loaded with sugar. It is much better to dry your own in the oven or a dehydrator.
One thing I love about cranberries is that with their intense flavor, a little goes a long way.
Ingredients and Tools Needed for Keto Cranberry Mousse Dessert
- Fresh or frozen cranberries
- Cream cheese
- Heavy cream
- Granulated monkfruit, I use So Nourished sweetener
- Mixing bowls
- Blender or food processor
- Electric mixer
Tips, Tricks and Hacks when making Keto Cranberry Mousse
- You can make individual desserts or spread cranberry cheese mixture over a crust to make a cheesecake (see image below for basic almond crust)
- If you want the dessert to be super smooth, blend the cranberries using either a food processor or strong blender like a Vitamix
- The dessert is just as good if the cranberries are left a little chunky so don’t fuss if you can’t get it super smooth
- If using frozen cranberries, be sure to completely defrost them first
- Save some cranberries to make a colorful garnish
Printable Recipe Card for Keto Cranberry Mousse Dessert
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 8 ounce brick cream cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 1/2 cup sweetener of choice
Almond Crust (if making cheesecake)
- 2 tbps butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup almond flour
- If making cranberry cheesecake, then prepare crust first by mixing butter, cinnamon and almond flour into a dough and pressing into a pie plate. Set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, process cranberries until smooth. (You can leave a little chunky if you like)
- Whip heavy cream until stiff
- Combine cream cheese, cranberry mix and sweetener in a bowl and use electric mixer, mix until well combined
- Fold whipped cream into cranberry mixture until well combined
- Divide into dessert dishes or spread over a crust if making cheesecake
- Chill until firm
- Garnish with cranberries and whipped cream
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 143 Total Fat: 14g Saturated Fat: 8g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 42mg Sodium: 65mg Carbohydrates: 4g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 3g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 2g