This Keto Tuna Noodle Casserole is a true comfort food classic! It makes use of my Keto Noodle recipe for the pasta and it really has everything you could want! It’s filling and comforting, has a delicious creamy sauce and that crunchy topping! You are going to want to try this one!
Keto Tuna Noodle Casserole Just Like Mom’s!
Remember that yummy tuna noodle casserole recipe that your Mom or Gramma made using cream of mushroom soup , peas and macaroni?
Oh yeah, now that was comfort food!
Well it has been recreated for you here! Only it’s a much healthier gluten free and low carb version!
But it still contains filling pasta, satisfying taste and that crunchy topping! This will be a new staple in your keto recipe book!
Ingredients Needed to Make Keto Tuna Noodle Casserole
- Sour cream
- Dried onion flakes
- Canned tuna
- Garlic cloves
- Salt and pepper
- Nutritional yeast
- Canned mushrooms
- Chopped broccoli and frozen peas
- A double batch of these keto pasta noodles (I make them a day or two ahead of time)
- 2 leftover keto Chaffles or 1/2 recipe of these Keto Croutons or 2 slices low carb bread of your choice
Can You Eat Peas on Keto?
While high in Fiber, pea are also high in carbs and most people generally avoid them on Keto.
However, this low carb tuna noodle casserole recipe replaces most of the traditional peas with chopped broccoli and you can just leave out the small amount of peas if you like.
If you add 1/2 cup of peas to the recipe it adds about 7 net carbs to the entire recipe. But I changed it to 2 tbsp peas, just enough to get the feel of it!
Tips, Tricks and Hacks for Making Keto Tuna Noodle Casserole
- You can meal prep in advance by making the Noodles and Chaffles or Croutons ahead of time. It’s always good to have a supply of them in your fridge!
- The Nutritional Yeast is optional but it adds incredible flavor to this recipe
- The peas are optional, you can replace with more chopped broccoli if you prefer
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 2 5-ounce cans tuna, packed in water and drained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast, (optional, but recommended)
- 1 8-ounce can mushrooms, drained and chopped small
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped broccoli
- 2 tablespoons frozen green peas, optional
- A double batch of keto pasta noodles, cut to desired size
- 2 Chaffles or 1/2 batch Keto Croutons
- Make Chaffles and Noodles ahead of time and have them ready to go
- Preheat oven to 350
- Prepare 9 x 13 baking dish with butter or cooking spray
- Mix casserole ingredients in a large bowl
- Gently fold in noodles
- Spread into the baking dish
- Top with Chaffle crumbs or Croutons
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until bubbling and topping is golden brown
Prep time and nutritional info does not include making the noodles and the chaffles. Those links are here:
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 206Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 363mgCarbohydrates: 9gNet Carbohydrates: 7gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 14g
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar.