Crispy Salt & Pepper Pork Belly Crack in the Air Fryer
Have you ever seen those pork side slices in the supermarket and wondered what on earth to do with them?
Well I have and one time I even bought a pack and cooked them just like I would cook bacon, because that’s what they looked like to me. Well that was kind of uninspired and nobody liked them.
I’m about to rock your world and change all that!
These crispy pork belly strips are quick, easy, crunchy and my new crack recipe!
How do you make crispy pork belly strips?
This recipe is about how to make the pork belly in the air fryer. But I will tell what you can do if you don’t have an air fryer.
But you have to put one of these on your next Birthday or Christmas wish list! The air fryer is way more versatile than I ever imagined.
The one I own is this awesome Ninja air fryer that holds 2 1/2 pounds of food.
What you will need for the crunchiest pork belly slices
- 1 lb sliced pork belly
- salt and pepper
- your air fryer
Yes, that is really it!
Can I make crispy pork belly slices if I don’t have an air fryer?
Yes, you can get them just as crispy in the oven.
- Preheat oven to 400
- Lay the raw pork belly slices out on rimmed baking sheets lined with parchment paper
- Sprinkle pork slices with salt and pepper
- Roast for 20 minutes, then drain the fat into a jar and turn strips over
- Let roast another 20 minutes or until brown and crispy
- Drain on paper towels
Tips for the best air fryer pork belly slices
- I like to cut mine into bite size pieces. The easiest way is to use scissors!
- We love the plain salt and pepper but you can certainly add some other spices such as a teaspoon of smoked paprika or cumin.
- Towards the end of your cooking time, it might get smoky in the kitchen. This will not harm your air fryer but do be sure to wipe down the ‘ceiling’ of the cooking area with a paper towel afterwards.
- Drain your pork belly crack on paper towels
Printable Recipe card for Crispy Pork Belly strips in the air fryer
- 1 lb raw sliced pork belly strips
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cut pork belly slices into bite sized pieces with scissors
- Toss pieces in a bowl with salt and pepper
- Preheat air fryer for 3 minutes
- Place pieces into air fryer at 390 for 15 minutes, checking and turning at 5 minute intervals so they get crispy all over
- Depending on thickness of slices, they should be fully cooked in 15 minutes
- Drain on paper towels
- Crunch away and don't forget to share them!
- See my tips in the post for making these in the oven
- You can vary the spices if you have a favorite spice combination for pork
- You can also use larger pieces of pork pelly and cut into cubes, they may take a few minutes longer to cook
Serving Size:1/4 recipe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 332Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 95mgSodium: 635mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 26g
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar.
Pin this Air Fryer Pork Belly Crack recipe to Pinterest!