Zesty Keto Salsa Mexican Omelette Recipe That Will Make You Shout Delicioso!!!
My inspiration for this Keto Mexican Omelette comes from a restaurant that used to be on the seawall of West Vancouver. It was my favorite place to go for Sunday brunch after a nice long walk on the seawall.
It was not even a real restaurant, more like a cafeteria on top of a grocery store called Capers. This was before Whole Foods came to town and basically all these small Organic and Natural shops went out of business.
My favorite dish was their Mexican breakfast wrap and it is basically this dish without the wrap.
One of the ingredients for this omelette is spicy ground beef or what we call Taco meat in my house! It’s a perfect thing to meal prep for other low carb recipes.
How to Meal Prep the Taco Meat for this Keto Mexican Omelette
I love to batch cook my Taco meat on the weekends and use it during the week for all kinds of low carb recipes and casseroles. It’s perfect for this low carb mexican omelette!
Here’s how I make it:
- Fry up your ground beef (or turkey or pork or mix it all up!)
- For each pound of meat add 1 tbsp taco seasoning, or add your own chili powder, cumin, garlic however you like to spice it up!
- You can add some hot peppers if you like!
- I add a little water or chicken broth to make it ‘saucy’.
Gather these Ingredients for the Keto Low Carb Mexican Omelette
- Your batch cooked spicy ground beef
- Grated cheese
- Salsa, either home made or no sugar added
That is for the basic omelette and then it’s really up to you on how you want to dress this low carb omelette up! These are all super choices and Keto approved:
- sliced avocado
- sour cream
- sliced black olives
- fresh or pickled jalapenos
- fresh chopped cilantro
You will also need a non stick frying pan (please don’t use Teflon!). I am loving this pan, it’s my new favorite!
Per serving (as shown) : Calories: 408, Carbs 8, Fat 31, Protein 27, Fibre 2
Print the recipe here!
- For Mexican Omelette:
- 4 Eggs
- 2 ounces spicy beef
- 2 ounces cheese
- 2 tbsp salsa
- For Garnish (your choice!):
- Avocado slices
- chopped tomatoes
- Black olives
- In a bowl, crack the eggs and beat them with a fork or whisk.
- Pour egg mix into a heated frying pan (I use one of these new generation of pans, the teflon pans are BAD for you).
- After the egg sets, sprinkle the spicy beef, cheddar and salsa evenly over the egg and flip one side on to the other.
- Cook for a bit, flip it over once and cook for a couple minutes on medium.
- Divide the omelette in half and top each half with your chosen garnishes
Serving Size:1/2 the recipe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 408Total Fat: 31gTrans Fat: 0gCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 2gProtein: 27g
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar.
Pin this recipe today for when you are ready to turn up the heat tomorrow!