Dark chocolate moist and rich keto zucchini brownies that are good for you? You bet! These brownies are sugar free, gluten free, low in carbs and packed with veggies to boot! Add in dark anti oxidant rich chocolate and this low carb dessert is a winner!
Moist Rich Keto Zucchini Brownies
We all want it. That rich chocolate brownie that’s fudgey inside and has chewy edges. Can it be healthy too? Of course!
This keto zucchini brownie is rich in fiber and antioxidants and even has veggies. What’s not to love!?
It took a few tries to get this one right, but I had a ton of zucchini in my garden to play with so I kept at it.
Now it’s your turn to enjoy!
Ingredients needed for these low carb brownies
- Almond flour (any finely ground almond flour like these)
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- baking soda
- Sukrin Fiber Syrup (Paleo people can use raw honey). I have also done these with Skinny Syrup but choose the Natural Keto syrups without sucralose. Also the texture will be slightly different, but still good!
- vanilla extract
- Lily’s dark chocolate chips
- 8 inch square pan
- parchment paper to line the pan
- mixing bowls
- box grater
- wooden spoon or spatula
Tips and Tricks for Perfectly Moist and Rich Keto Brownies
- Line the pan with parchment paper overlapping the edges (as shown in pic below) so you can carefully lift out the brownies
- Top with 1/4 cup sugar free chocolate chips if desired.
- Check with a toothpick after 20 minutes, the every 3 minutes. You do NOT want to overcook!
- Toothpick should be almost clean, not clean or they will be too dry.
- Brownies might seem underdone but they will set! Be patient!
- WARNING: If you use the Fiber Syrup, just know there is a reason it’s called FIBER syrup and you will know it if you OVER eat the brownies. Built in portion control. Just saying.
Printable Recipe Card for Keto Chocolate Zucchini Brownies
Moist Chewy Keto Zucchini Brownies
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 oz grated zucchini (about 3/4 cup)
- 4 tbsp butter (melted but cooled down)
- 1 cup fine almond meal
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Sukrin Fiber Syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Lily's dark chocolate chips
- Prepare pan by laying parchment in the pan with sides hanging out like a sling.
- Preheat oven to 325
- Beat eggs with fork
- Grate zucchini with box grater
- Melt butter in microwave or double boiler and allow it to cool down in fridge while preparing rest of recipe.
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl and whisk or stir with fork until well combined
- Add the eggs and zucchini and combine with wooden spoon
- Add syrup, vanilla and butter and combine gently with wooden spoon.
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Pour batter into prepared 8 x 8 inch pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes and check with toothpick. It should be only partially clean as batter will continue to cook.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes, then remove carefully from pan using the parchment 'sling'.
- Preferable allow to cool for several hours in fridge before cutting.
Optional: Sprinkle 1/4 cup chocolate chips over top before baking.
Note: The Sukrin Syrup is not as sweet as honey so taste the batter before baking. You can always add a couple of tbsp Swerve to the recipe if it is not as sweet as you like.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 142Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 151mgCarbohydrates: 13gNet Carbohydrates: 2gFiber: 11gSugar: 7gProtein: 3g
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar.
More Keto and Low Carb Dessert Recipes!
Other Keto Dessert Bars you'll Love!
Keto and Low Carb Dessert Bars and treats
Keto Cranberry Lemon Bars
These luscious lemon bars with a hint of almond and a burst of cranberry will be a welcome addition to your holiday dessert table. Easy to make but impressive in flavor and color!
Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Dessert Bars
These no bake low carb dessert bars combine my 2 favorite food groups: peanut butter and chocolate! Perfect keto treat for a potluck or party!
Instant Pot Chocolate Cheesecake!
Use your pressure cooker to make this keto chocolate cheesecake smooth and rich! A favorite low carb dessert for any occasion.
Save this low carb zucchini brownie recipe to Pinterest!
2 thoughts on “Moist Rich Keto Zucchini Brownies”
Can I use monkfruit in place of the /2 cup Sukrin Fiber Syrup? If so is it the same amount?
If it’s a monkfruit syrup then just substitute the same amount for the Sukrin syrup. If it’s a powder then you will have to find some way to replace that moisture that will be absent in the powder. So I can’t say what your results will be because I have not tried it that way.