This Instant Pot Chocolate Cheesecake is so velvety smooth and delicious that it’s hard to believe it is Keto, Low Carb and Sugar free! Who would think that using a pressure cooker to make a cheesecake would make such a rich dessert!
Velvety Smooth Keto Instant Pot Chocolate Cheesecake!
Well I hate to admit when I’m wrong but I have no choice here!
You see when the Instant Pot first came out and people made desserts in it, I was a party pooper. I just couldn’t see how making a cheesecake in a pressure cooker was a good idea.
And I was wrong!
I know, I’m old school and was still making cheesecakes using a water bath like this old fashioned yet very delicious keto cheesecake recipe I used to make.
Yup, actually an Instant Pot Chocolate Cheesecake is a good idea, a very good idea!
Ingredients needed for this instant pot cheesecake recipe
- Almond flour
- Natural monk fruit sweetener for the crust like this So Nourished sweetener
- Allulose sweetener for the cheesecake batter (see cheesecake tips section for more info on this)
- vanilla extract
- Unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- Brick type cream cheese, room temperature
- Heavy cream, room temperature
- unsweetened baking chocolate
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
Special Tools Needed to Make the Chocolate Cheesecake recipe in the Instant Pot
- Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker (I have this 6 quart IP model)
- Silicon springform pan for Instant pot
- Non stick cooking spray or parchment paper (not needed for silicon pan)
- Electric Mixer
- Foil to cover the cheesecake in the instant pot.
Tips and Tricks for making Keto Cheesecake in a Pressure Cooker
- The Cheesecake batter ingredients all need to be at room temperature
- Put all the cheesecake batter items on the counter and set the timer for 2 hours while you get the crust ready and do other things
- If you do not use a silicone springform pan, then cooking spray is highly recommended but if you are averse to it, then cut out parchment paper to fit the cake mold
- Consider buying a set of sealers for your Instant pot. Dedicate one color to cheesecakes and use the other for any savory dishes you might do. This will prevent the seal from absorbing flavors that might affect the cheesecake taste.
- Slice cheesecake with a knife run under hot water to get a nice clean cut. Clean knife between each slice.
Read this article for more information about Keto Sweeteners and which ones to choose for different baking needs.
Crustless Keto Cheesecake for the Instant Pot?
Yes! You can save time, calories and carbs by making this cheesecake without the crust!
To be honest, the ONLY time I make the crust is when making this for a party or for guests. Just leave out the crust part and all the recipe instructions remain the same.
Nutrition without crust: 296 calories, 27.6 g Fat, 3 Net Carbs, 7 g Protein
Garnishes for Keto Chocolate Cheesecake
- Unsweetened heavy cream, whipped. (My favorite)
- Sliced strawberries or other low carb fruit
- Chocolate sauce (instructions are included in the recipe card notes)
Printable Recipe card for Keto Instant Pot Chocolate Cheesecake
Instant Pot Chocolate Cheesecake!
Use your pressure cooker to make this keto chocolate cheesecake smooth and rich! A favorite low carb dessert for any occasion.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 3 Tbsp granulated So Nourished sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 2 8-oz. blocks cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup heavy cream, room temperature
- 1/3 cup allulose or powdered monk fruit sweetener to taste
- 3 oz. unsweetened baking chocolate, melted
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1¼ c. water (for the bottom of the instant pot under the cake pan)
- Coat the inside of the springform pan with the non-stick cooking spray or cut the parchment paper to fit the bottom and line the sides. Set aside. (Only if using a regular pan)
- Prepare the crust by combining all ingredients in a medium bowl. Stir until the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Press the crumbly crust into the bottom of the prepared springform pan and spread into a uniform layer covering the entire bottom of the pan. Place in the freezer until ready to use.
- To prepare the batter, beat the room-temperature cream cheese on medium-low speed until just blended. (Do not overwork to avoid incorporating extra air into the batter).
- Add the vanilla extract and beat again for 10 seconds or until just combined.
- Add the heavy cream and the sweetener and beat for 10-15 seconds or until just combined. Scrape the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula to incorporate any remaining ingredients into the batter.
- Add melted chocolate and beat briefly until just combined.
- Finally, add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until incorporated into the batter. Scrape the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula as above.
- Remove the springform pan from the freezer and pour the batter on top of the chilled crust. Smooth into a uniform layer and gently tap the pan on the counter several times to release any air bubbles in the batter. Cover the pan with foil to avoid water dripping onto the cheesecake.
- Switch seals on your Instant pot if you have the colored sealers. Pour the water into the bottom of the Instant Pot® and place the springform pan onto the trivet that comes with the Instant Pot®. Carefully place the trivet with the handles positioned upwards for easy removal.
- Add the lid and lock into place. Select the “Manual” button and make sure it is set to “High.” Adjust cook time to 30 minutes.
- When cook time is complete, allow pressure to release naturally until the pin drops. Carefully remove the lid and lift the cheesecake out by the trivet handles. Set on the counter to cool for 10-15 minutes before transferring to the refrigerator to chill for at least 4 hours to overnight.
- Once chilled, garnish with any desired toppings!
Optional Chocolate Sauce:
- 1½ T. coconut oil, melted
- 3 T. unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 2/3 c. powdered SoNourished sweetener
- 3 T. heavy cream
To Prepare Chocolate Sauce: Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and stir until completely blended and smooth. Use immediately.
Note: Nutrition count does not include garnishes, please adjust accordingly.
Other Important Tips
- The Cheesecake batter ingredients all need to be at room temperature. Put all the cheesecake batter items on the counter and set the timer for 2 hours while you get the crust ready and do other things
- Cooking spray is highly recommended but if you are averse to it, then cut out parchment paper to fit the cake mold. You don't need this if you have the silicone springform pan.
- Consider buying a set of colored sealers. Dedicate one color to cheesecakes and use the other for any savory dishes you might do. This will prevent the seal from absorbing flavors that might affect the cheesecake taste.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 405Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 19gCarbohydrates: 9gNet Carbohydrates: 5gFiber: 4gProtein: 9g
Can’t get enough Keto Desserts with Chocolate?
Save this Instant Pot Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe to Pinterest!
2 thoughts on “Velvety Smooth Instant Pot Chocolate Cheesecake!”
Can you bake this in an oven?
I’m sure you probably could. There’s lots of cheesecake recipes out there for the oven!