Maple Walnut Chocolate Dipped Bacon
I don’t know what it is about Maple and Walnut but I just love that flavor combination and these Maple Walnut Chocolate dipped bacon slices take care of that craving perfectly!
Maybe it’s because I’m Canadian and maple seems to be a thing with us Canadians or maybe it’s because I grew up with my Dad’s nut trees (he had both walnut and hazelnuts).
Whatever the reason it’s a flavor profile that I just love.
I think that these maple walnut chocolate dipped bacon slices would look beautiful on one of my upcoming holiday brunch platters, don’t you agree?!
They are pretty to look at, they are different and most of all they are just super delicious and to die for!
Who wouldn’t just love these Maple Walnut Chocolate Covered Bacon Pieces!?
Who doesn’t love more chocolate and bacon in their lives?
I mean look at all the yummy things going on here. You’ve got bacon, you’ve got chocolate, you’ve got nuts and you’ve got maple! And it’s KETO! What more, I ask!?
So be a holiday brunch star and make these Maple Walnut Chocolate Dipped Bacon slices!
Be sure to also check out my chocolate mocha walnut squares here. Those are also going to look amazing on your holiday table for your keto and low carb friends.
A few notes about making these Keto Chocolate Dipped Bacon slices before you begin:
- I was able to find naturally smoked zero carb maple bacon. Again, could be a Canadian thing. If you don’t have that don’t despair! I recently used this sugar free maple syrup for my bacon wrapped asparagus recipe and it was perfect! Are you seeing a trend here yet? MMMMMM Maple!
- Oven cooked bacon has about 240 calories and 10g fat per 6 slices when done properly because it loses so much of the fat and calories when baked crisp. Invest in a large good quality baking sheet with sides. This is how I make all my bacon now!
- Yes there is a difference between parchment paper and wax paper. In this recipe, use the parchment paper for baking and the wax paper for setting.
Let’s make some Maple Walnut Chocolate Covered Bacon shall we?
- 1 package maple flavored bacon (no sugar added) OR 2 tbsp sugar free maple syrup if you cannot get the bacon.
- 4 ounces sugar free chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnut pieces
- Preheat oven to 350
- Cut bacon pieces in half using scissors
- Lay out all the bacon pieces, side by side on parchment paper
- If using regular bacon, then brush each piece with the sugar free maple syrup
- Bake for about 30 minutes (I turn my bacon halfway during cooking)
- When bacon is done cool completely.
After Bacon is cooled:
- Line a large baking sheet with wax paper
- Melt chocolate chips in a glass pyrex measuring cup
- Dip bacon pieces halfway and let excess chocolate drip off
- Place on the wax paper
- Sprinkle walnuts while still warm
- Chill sheet in fridge until chocolate is set
- Try not to eat them all by yourself!
Lakanto Maple Flavored Sugar-Free Syrup, 1 Net Carb (Maple Syrup, 2 Pack, 13 Oz)
Chicago Metallic Professional Non-Stick Cookie/Jelly-Roll Pan Set with Cooling Rack, 17-Inch-by-12.25-Inch
Lily's Dark Chocolate Chips- 1x9 OZ
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Keto Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Recipe
Oven Cooked Bacon Recipe
Five Minute Keto Bacon Broccoli Crack Slaw
Pan Fried Green Beans & Bacon Recipe
Maple Walnut Chocolate Dipped Bacon - Keto Approved!
Delightful Keto Eggs Benedict with Super Easy Hollandaise Sauce
Low Carb Keto BLT Salad Bowl Recipe