This Keto BLT Salad is a family favorite and a delicious way to get in some greens! Classic flavors and taste with out the carbs.
Low Carb Keto BLT Salad Bowl Recipe
There was a time when BLT’s were a weekend morning staple here. I won’t even go into what kind of bread I loved, nobody wants to hear that!
This Low Carb BLT salad bowl is my way of enjoying the yummy bacon, lettuce and tomato taste while keeping it grain free, gluten free and low carb. Sometimes I also just make it into a large lettuce leaf like a wrap.
Doing a Keto BLT salad turned out fast and delicious. It might seem weird to eat a salad in the morning, but there is enough of the BLT in this one that you forget pretty quick that it’s a salad!
Plus at this time of year where I am not having to get up at 5am, eating breakfast at 10am is more like brunch. So here it is just the way I made it, but know that it is highly customizable. Add or subtract whatever you need.
What you’ll Need to make the BLT Salad Bowl
- Fresh salad greens
- Either mayonnaise or your favorite keto blt salad dressing
- Sliced cherry tomatoes or full size tomatoes
- Shredded cheese. (I used fresh parmesan but blue cheese is also amazing on this!)
- Paleo: If you are Paleo substitute Nutritional Yeast Flakes for the cheese, it is delicious on this and I often eat that instead.
Tips, Tricks and Hacks to put together your own Keto BLT Salad bowl
- I usually cook the bacon at the time I make this. I have tried cooking it the night before in order to have it ready to go but that never works. Let’s be honest, who has leftover bacon in the house, it just doesn’t happen.
- If you like to fry your bacon in the pan, do use a Bacon Splatter Screen to save your stove top and it’s a must if cooking bacon while naked. I just said that to see if you were awake! :-)
- As far as what to do about a keto blt salad dressing, for me it depends. If I am using hot bacon straight from the oven or cooked in a pan, I often don’t bother with dressing because the hot bacon grease actually makes an incredible dressing and wilts the greens nicely.
- But if I use leftover bacon or a precooked bacon, even heating those up in the microwave doesn’t make enough dressing. So in that case I like a creamy blue cheese dressing or even a ceasar dressing.
For Each Salad Bowl
- 2 cups fresh, mixed greens (Or use big lettuce leaves to make wraps)
- 2 slices cooked bacon cut in bite size pieces
- 1 tbsp sugar free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 avocado, chopped
- 1-2 tbsp shredded cheese (parmesan or blue cheese)
So basically your just build your low carb BLT salad like this:
- Cook bacon or if you have it precooked then warm it up
- Place fresh greens in a salad bowl
- Top with 1 tbsp mayo, chopped avocado and tomato.
- Place hot bacon on top of that
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 254Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 528mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 14g
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar.
Pin this delicious low carb breakfast or lunch option to Pinterest!