If you love jalapeno poppers then this keto jalapeno popper chaffle recipe is just for you! It has all the comfort and crunch and heat of those breaded jalapeno waffles from the store but almost none of the carbs! Now this is a low carb lunch I can bite into!
Crispy Keto Jalapeno Popper Chaffle
I’ve been making these jalapeno chaffles for about a year now and today I enjoyed it so much yet again that I wondered why the heck I hadn’t put it here on the blog yet!?
Maybe it was because today I picked my very first jalapeno pepper out of the garden and this recipe was the first thing to pop into my head!
So let’s get down to business!
Ingredients and Tools needed for these low carb jalapeno popper chaffles
- Jalapeno peppers. I have used both fresh peppers as well as pickled jalapenos for this recipe.
- Cheese. I love these with grated cheddar but they are amazing with any cheese you have.
- Cream cheese
In addition, these are nice to have for working with jalapenos in any recipes:
- restaurant food prep gloves
- this jalapeno coring tool is my favorite thing when coring and seeding out jalapenos!
Here is a visual aid for making these jalapeno chaffles!
Note: These are great with the Bronco Berry dipping sauce from this recipe!
Recipe Card to make jalapeno popper waffles or chaffles
- 1 jalapeno pepper, sliced in rings
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup grated cheese (cheddar or favorite!)
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- NOTE: Double ingredients if using full size waffle maker
- Plug in mini dash waffle maker
- Beat egg and shred the cheese
- Sprinkle about 1 tbsp grated cheese on waffle maker. Pour 1/2 the beaten egg. Place 1/2 the jalapeno rings and sprinkle 1 tbsp cheese on top. Close lid for 3 minutes.
- When chaffle is cooked, remove and let cool on a rack while you make the second chaffle by repeating Step 3.
- Take the 2 finished chaffles and spread cream cheese on them.
- Eat either open faced or like a sandwich!
Be careful not to touch your face when handling jalapeno peppers. I highly recommend using food prep gloves.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 146Total Fat: 29.6gTrans Fat: 0gCarbohydrates: 3gNet Carbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gProtein: 19g
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar.
Save these delicious jalapeno chaffles to Pinterest!