This low carb bean salad makes a perfect keto side dish for meat, fish or poultry. It’s also a great bring along dish for a potluck or picnic. We eat this salad fresh from the garden all summer long!
My Grandma’s Low Carb Bean Salad
I love keeping a bowl of this bean salad in the fridge.
The flavors only get better the longer it’s in the fridge. Of course it never lasts more than a couple of days.
It’s so easy to do keto when you can make some fish or chicken and then put a scoop of this tangy bean salad on the plate.
If you want another amazing bean recipe from my grandma’s cookbook, one of my favorites is this crack beans and bacon dish!
Ingredients Needed for Bean Salad
- Fresh cooked green and yellow beans (or use canned beans in the winter)
- red pepper
- apple cider vinegar
- olive oil
- dijon mustard
- lemon juice
- Swerve or your favorite sweetener
Tips and Tricks for Keto Bean Salad
- When cooking beans from the garden make a large quantity so that you can eat beans with dinner the one night and put the rest in the fridge overnight to make the salad the next day.
- Cut the bean stems and tips off before cooking for nicer presentation
- For best flavor, prepare the salad a few hours or the night before serving.
- I’ve used green and yellow beans here but you can certainly use whatever beans you have and like.
- My Grandma used just white vinegar for the dressing but I’ll take any excuse to use apple cider vinegar for it’s extra health benefits. Wine vinegar is also nice in this.
Low Carb Bean Salad
This low carb bean salad makes a perfect keto side dish for meat, fish or poultry. It's also a great bring along dish for a potluck or picnic. We eat this salad fresh from the garden all summer long!
- 4 cups cooked and prepared beans (yellow and green)
- 1/4 cup chopped red pepper
- 2 tbsp finely chopped onion
- 1 celery stalk, diced thinly
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 chopped fine garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp Swerve
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Prepare beans ahead of time by cooking in salted water until tender
- Cut into uniform pieces (about 1 inch)
- Measure 4 cups beans into a medium bowl
- Add the rest of chopped red pepper, onion, celery and parsley
- Place all the dressing ingredients into a jar with tight lid and shake until emulsified
- Pour over beans and chopped vegetables and gently toss.
- Place in fridge overnight or a few hours before serving.
I have used green and yellow beans but you can use all one color or a variety of beans.
Canned beans can be used when beans are out of season.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 37Total Fat: 2gCarbohydrates: 4gNet Carbohydrates: 2gFiber: 2gProtein: 1g
Save this delicious bean salad recipe to Pinterest!