This keto bisquick zucchini bake recipe is a throwback to my childhood. A delicious combination of zucchini, onion, bacon and cheese, your family will gobble up every bite!
Keto Bisquick Zucchini Bake
This was a favorite weekend recipe growing up. It’s like a quiche recipe that can be used for breakfast, brunch, lunch or even a casual dinner.
I’ve had this recipe in my grandma’s recipe collection for years but never made it because I didn’t know how to deal with the Bisquick baking mix that was called for. And then I stumbled across the solution and now I can make it again!
As well as use up some of that zucchini bounty from my garden!
Here’s what you will need to make this old fashioned zucchini bake that is low in carbs!
- grated cheese
- A low carb and gluten free biscuit mix. You can either use a ready made product such as CarbQuik or any low carb pancake and waffle mix or you can do what I did and make your own Bisquick! I make this amazing low carb bisquick recipe from Maria Emmerich’s site and keep a bag in my freezer now!
- 4 strips cooked bacon, broken into pieces
- 3 cups grated zucchini
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup avocado or olive oil
- 1 cup low carb baking mix (see notes)
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350
- Mix all the ingredients and half the cheese in a large bowl
- Pour mixture into a 9 inch pie pan
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top
- Bake for 30 minutes or until top is brown and bubbly.
Make your own bisquick mix using this recipe from mariamindhealthbody.com
Nutrition has been calculated using the homemade Bisquick mix
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 387Total Fat: 32gTrans Fat: 0gCarbohydrates: 5.5gNet Carbohydrates: 3gFiber: 2.5gProtein: 15g
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar.
Save this Keto zucchini bisquick quiche recipe to Pinterest!