This keto Caprese veggie pasta dish packs a big whollop of flavor thanks to the oven roasted garlic cherry tomatoes and fresh basil leaves. Keeping roasted tomatoes in the fridge is a meal prep time saver, making this a fast one pan meal! Vegetarian keto and perfect summer lunch on the patio!
Talk about a big tomato bounty this year! One thing I love to do when my cherry tomato plants are loaded is to roast them!
I do it early in the morning at 250 degrees so not much heat!
You can do so many things with roasted cherry tomatoes (and with big ones too!). Omelets, salads, soups, the flavor dimension they add is intense!
What you will need for this Low Carb Caprese Pasta Dish
- cherry tomatoes, roasted
- bocconcini (fresh mozzarella) pearls
- fresh basil
- low carb pasta such as spiralized zucchini or kholrabi. You can even use any of your favorite low carb pasta such as shiritaki noodles or even my keto noodles made with egg and psyllium.
- garlic and olive oil for roasting the tomatoes
Meal Prep Tip: Roast the tomatoes in advance and keep them in a glass jar in the fridge. These are perfect for so many other dishes too!
How to Roast the Tomatoes
The easiest way to roast the tomatoes is as follows:
- Preheat oven to 250F
- I leave the cherry tomatoes whole but bigger tomatoes I cut in half
- In a bowl toss the tomatoes in 2-3 tbsp olive oil per roasting pan and as much garlic as desired.
- Use either parchment paper or a silpat mat
- Spread tomatoes out in single layer over the prepared pan
- I like to sprinkle with kosher salt (about 1 tsp per pan)
- Roast until the tomatoes collapse. This can take 2-4 hours depending on the size of tomatoes
- 4 cups zucchini noodles (either spiralize or use vegetable peeler)
- 1 tbsp olive oil2
- 1/2 cup roasted cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup bocconcini pearls
- large handful basil, chopped
- Heat olive oil in pan on medium high heat
- Toss in the noodles and toss for a minute or two until just slightly wilted. Remove with tongs and place on plate.
- Toss tomatoes in same pan until warmed through.
- Add basil and bocconcini pearls and toss for minute until basil leaves slightly wilt.
- Place the tomato/cheese/basil mixture on top of noodles.
- Garnish with some shaved parmesan if desired.
- Serve immediately
To Roast Cherry Tomatoes (do previous day)
- Preheat oven to 250F
- Toss 4 cups cherry tomatoes with 2 tbsp olive oil and several cloves chopped garlic
- Spread tomatoes out on silpat mat
- Roast for about 2 hours or until tomatoes collapse
- Keep in a glass jar or bowl in the fridge and use for salads, omelets, pasta
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 142Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 241mgCarbohydrates: 9gNet Carbohydrates: 6gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 10g
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar.
Save this awesome vegetarian keto dish to Pinterest!