Easy Keto Skillet Lasagna
Ingredients you will need for this easy keto lasagna
- Olive oil
- ground beef
- onion and garlic
- marinara sauce (my favorite is Rao’s homemade)
- Lots of cheese! mozzarella, parmesan and ricotta
- Italian seasoning
You will also want to use an oven proof skillet of some sort. My favorite for this type of recipe is my 2 handled cast iron pan. The second handle makes it so much easier to get in and out of the oven.
Tips and Tweaks for Making This Low Carb Skillet Lasagna
To me, one of the hallmarks of a great family recipe is to be able to change things around and it still turns out great! I made some simple tweaks and I also have some ideas.
- I made this with ground turkey and it was excellent!
- The recipe says 4 Servings but I was stuffed with 1/6 of the recipe. You can easily feed 6-8 people with this if you also have a side salad and keto buns or keto pasta on the side.
- I’ve already got plans to make this again and use cream instead of marinara for a white lasagna.
Printable Recipe Card for Easy Keto Skillet Lasagna
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound 85 percent lean ground beef
- ¼ cup diced celery
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup low-sugar marinara sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
Skillet Lasagna is excerpted fromEasy Keto in 30 Minutes: More than 100 Ketogenic Recipes from Around the World © 2019 by Urvashi Pitre. Photography © 2019 by Ghazalle Badiozamani. Reproduced by permission of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt.All rights reserved.
Serving Size:1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 520Total Fat: 36gCarbohydrates: 7gNet Carbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gProtein: 41g
Purchase Easy Keto in 30 Minutes for yourself!
Like this recipe? Save it to Pinterest!