Magic Muffins you say? I do! These Keto Cream Cheese Muffins can be turned into almost anything just by changing up the flavors, the spices or even the cheeses. The make an amazing keto snack or even a meal! You can make these low carb muffins for Keto or Carnivore, for sweet or savory. They are Magic!
Keto Cream Cheese Muffins AKA Magic Muffins!
These Keto Cream Cheese Muffins first appeared on my blog back in 2015 as part of my Day 2 Egg Fast Menu Plan. But over the years I have gone to them many times and tweaked them into something else.
So it’s time they had a place of their own on my website!
How do you make these Magic Cream Cheese Muffins?
You need these items for the basic formula:
- Cream Cheese
Yes, that’s it! I’m guessing you already have those items in your kitchen!
Those ingredients will make a basic custard like muffin. From there, it’s all up to your imagination and what you want to turn them into!
Just to give you an idea, in this video I make 2 kinds of muffins, one is a Tuna Melt Muffin for Carnivore and the other is a Mediterranean Muffin for Keto.
In the summer I turn these into berry muffins by folding in 1 c blueberries or raspberries and a little sweetener.
You can keep the carbs low by using flavored Keto syrups (like the Natural Skinny Syrups with monkfruit and erythritol). I personally love the Cinnamon Dolce flavor and they make for a nice cheesecake like muffin!
Carnivore Cream Cheese Muffin ideas include:
- Add Cheddar and bacon
- Ham and swiss cheese
- Shredded beef and provolone
- Italian sausage and mozzarella
Are you Dairy Free Keto?
Simply substitute 1/2 cup mayo plus 1 more egg for the cream cheese in the recipe. See? More magic!
I would love to hear what you make with your Cream Cheese Muffins!
Printable recipe card for Keto Cream Cheese Muffins
- 4 eggs
- 8 oz cream cheese (1 brick) or 1/2 cup mayo + an additional egg if dairy free
- 4 tbsp butter melted
- (Leave all these ingredients out for 2 hours for room temperature)
- Place the softened butter and cream cheese into a bowl and mix with electric mixer or use a whisk.
- Blend in the eggs.
- Fold in your additions (see Notes Section below)
- Divide into 12 muffin cavities and bake at 325 for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool
- Fold in 1 cup berries and some sweetener
- Add 4 tbsp Skinny Syrups to the batter
- Add Pumpkin Pie spice and sweetener to the batter
- Add any proteins and other cheeses (Bacon and Cheddar for example)
- Add Italian seasoning and sprinkle mozzarella for pizza muffins
- Add veggies to the mix like chopped peppers, zucchini, tomatoes
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 142Total Fat: 13.5gSaturated Fat: 6.5gTrans Fat: 0gCholesterol: 114mgSodium: 124mgCarbohydrates: 1gNet Carbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 4g
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar.
Don’t forget to Pin these Keto Cream Cheese Muffins!