Keto Spinach Feta Egg Muffins Grab & Go Breakfast!
Back in the days of my long commute to the office, my breakfast routine involved a stop at Starbucks. Along with the requisite Venti Americano, my favorite breakfast grab at Starbucks was the Feta Cheese Spinach Wrap.
There was something about the combination of feta cheese and spinach that I really liked.
Now that choice, in light of what else they serve behind the magic glass Starbucks case, was probably one of the better ones there.
But my diet is now grain free and so that yummy breakfast just will not do unless I eat the insides of the wrap only. Very messy exercise while driving a car.
So the other day as I stared into the fridge and saw the bag of baby spinach and the container of feta cheese, I thought why not? Should be easy to recreate that taste!
Keto Spinach Feta Muffins were born! And they turned out excellent. My teenage son had seconds. I will definitely be making a double batch next time!
This recipe makes 6 breakfast size muffins. A man might eat 2 or 3, I was satisfied with one.
What you will need to make these Keto Spinach Feta Muffins:
- Eggs, crumbled feta cheese and grated cheddar cheese
- Cooked bacon. If you happen to have leftover cooked bacon, you could use that. But who am I kidding, nobody has leftover cooked bacon. You will have to chop this bacon up and fry it or microwave it until it’s how you like it. Set aside to cool.
- A bowl and whisk or electric mixer to beat the eggs
- You will need a 6 cup muffin tin. I highly recommend this silicone pan, they pop right out every time!
Recipe Card for Keto Spinach Feta Muffins
- 6 eggs
- 3 slices bacon, cooked
- 2 cups raw spinach
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 c cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Rinse the spinach under cold water, drain and place in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave the spinach on high for 1 minute. (there will be enough moisture left on the rinsed leaves to cook the spinach). Set aside to cool.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the eggs together until frothy.
- Add in the crumbled feta cheese. grated cheddar cheese and bacon pieces.
- Once the spinach is cooled enough, add to the bowl and mix until combined.
- Divide the mixture evenly among the 6 muffin cups.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until muffins are firm.
Serving Size:1 Muffin
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 208Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 224mgSodium: 521mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 14g
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar.