Juicy Tender Crock Pot Pork Roast is foolproof and delicious! This is a family friendly meal that is also pure Keto Comfort Food! A slow cooked pork roast is truly a “set it and forget it” meal.
Juicy Tender Crock Pot Pork Roast
What you will need to make this juicy slow cooked pork roast:
- A 5 pound fatty pork roast such as shoulder, pork butt or blade
- Salt (preferably kosher)
- Rosemary and garlic or any seasonings of your choice
- Crock Pot or Slow Cooker
Other Tips and Tricks for the Perfect Tender Crock Pot Pork Roast
- No liquid is required if you choose a fatty pork roast such as blade, butt or shoulder. Do not use Pork loin or tender loin
- You can sear the roast first if desired
- If you do not have a crock pot you can slow cook in the oven using a Dutch Oven or any pan that has a tight fitting lid. Try 300F for 3-4 hours.
- Serve this tender roast for dinner with cauliflower mash, and green vegetables.
- Make pulled pork with the leftovers and pile on top of my popular Carnivore Buns
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 8 hours
Total Time 5 minutes
- 1 Pork Shoulder, Butt or Blade Roast (mine is 5 pounds)
- Kosher Salt
- Rosemary and garlic (or your favorite seasonings)
- Season your meat to your liking.
- Place the roast into your Crockpot, fat side up.
- You could also add some fresh hearbs to the pot. This is optional. I remove these prior to serving.
- Place the lid on and set it to low. Cook for 8-10 hours.
- Once it's ready, it should be falling apart with your tongs or with a fork.
- You can reserve the juices. Strain off the herbs if used. Refrigerate it overnight. You can use the fat for cooking and the jelly for soups, sauces, etc.
- As long as you choose one of the suggested fatty pork roasts, you don't need to add any water or liquid to the Crockpot. There is enough fat to make its own liquid as it's cooking
- You could do the same thing in the oven if you prefer, or if you don't have a Crockpot.
- Great as pulled pork, use for sandwiches or simply eat as leftovers.