This chicken gizzard soup is so warm and comforting! Easy to make and full of iron and protein, not to mention collagen! Keep it simple for Carnivore or add in some basic seasonings for Ketovore. Add in my Carnivore Noodles if desired! You tweak it to your liking! Can be cooked in Instant Pot, Slow Cooker or Stove top.
Macros for 1 pound of Chicken Gizzards (as per USDA):
- 485 Calories
- 80 grams Protein
- 9 grams of Fat
- 0 grams Carbs
Chicken Gizzard Soup Recipe
You will need the following items:
- Instant Pot, Crockpot or Slow cooker, or Large soup pot
- Chicken Gizzards
- Chicken broth, either home made or purchased
- salt & pepper
- Other seasonings if desired
- Carnivore Noodles (or your favorite Keto Noodles) – optional
Printable Recipe Card for Gizzard Soup Recipe
- 3 lbs chicken gizzards
- 2 cups chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley or chives to garnish
- Keto Noodles
- Other seasonings or vegetables (celery,onion)
- Place all ingredients (except Noodles if using) into an Instant Pot, Crock Pot or Soup Pot.
- For Instant Pot: Lock lid in place, turn vent to seal position and press either the Soup button or use manual cook for 40-60 minutes (depends on size of gizzards). Natural Release for 10 minutes.
- For Crock Pot cook on Low Setting for 8-10 hours
- For Stove top, simmer gizzards for 2-3 hours or until very tender
- When gizzards are tender, you can add in the Noodles if using.
- Garnish with fresh herbs
- Ladle into soup bowls and enjoy!
Store leftover soup in the fridge. The soup will turn into gel (That is a good thing, it's the collagen!). You can water it down with some more chicken broth or water if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 131Total Fat: 3gCarbohydrates: 0gNet Carbohydrates: 0gProtein: 24g