This Keto Sweet Noodle Kugel is adapted from the famous Jewish Noodle casserole. It is very much like a noodle pudding. In this version I used noodles made of chocolate but you can use any keto noodle that you have available to you! A simple dish to make with eggs and cottage cheese and a brown sugar cinnamon topping. Comfort food from back home!
Keto Sweet Noodle Kugel
Growing up in a German household with friends and relatives from various parts of ‘the old country’, this casserole always happened around the holidays. We were not even Jewish but my Mom and Gramma’s cooking were strongly influenced by their Eastern European travels through the Ukraine and Poland as they sought shelter from the war front in the 1940’s.
So it was not unusual to see a real mix of cultures and dishes at the holiday table! Everything from cabbage rolls to leg of lamb to spiced cookies and a sweet noodle kugel!
Items Needed to Keep the Carbs Low in Keto Noodle Kugel
Keeping the carbs low is a challenge in a noodle casserole! But since I have learned various ways to make my own home made keto noodles it’ not so hard any more.
And if you are not into making your own noodles, this recipe also works with those new palmini noodles!
Here are the noodle options:
- Make these Keto Pasta Noodles
- Make these Keto Chocolate Noodles(I used these)
- Palmini Noodles (use 12-14 oz)
- Other Keto Pasta Noodles
You will also need:
- Cottage Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Swerve or other Erythritol granulated sweetener
- Brown Sugar Swerve and cinnamon for the topping
- 8 x 8 cake or brownie pan
- Electric Mixer or beater
Printable Recipe Card for Keto Sweet Noodle Kugel
- 1 batch Keto Noodles (see Notes)
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup granular Swerve (more or less to your taste)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp Brown Sugar Swerve
- Preheat oven to 350
- Place prepared noodles in 8 x8 pan
- In bowl use electric beater to mix all ingredients except topping. Pour over noodles.
- In small bowl use fork to combine sweetener with butter into crumbs
- Sprinkle over casserole
- Bake for 40-15 minutes until custard is set
- Allow to cool to room termperature, then place in fridge for another 2 hours to set completely before cutting.
- Garnish with whipped cream or chocolate sauce as desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 149Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 115mgSodium: 170mgCarbohydrates: 3gNet Carbohydrates: 2gFiber: 1gProtein: 6g
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar.