Keto Mini Pepperoni Pizzas with No Flour
So here was my inspiration for these Keto Mini Pepperoni pizzas and why I prepared them the way I have. A few days ago I made some Egg Fast mini pizzas that turned out super delish.
The egg fast is quite strict (it’s meant for people who have stalled out on keto or low carb) and so there are no extras like coconut flour.
And to be quite honest, it is my feeling that it is too many of these extras like ‘keto’ flours that cause people to stall out on keto in the first place.
There are some wonderful keto pizzas out there and I have tried many of them. And sure, we need to have room in our plans for occasional treats and desserts.
The keyword being ‘occasional’. Most of the pizza recipes out there will not serve you well as a weight losing keto recipe. Those flour based pizzas are just too high in calories.
Before you scream at me with the ‘calories don’t matter’ mantra, save your breath! They do matter when you are trying to lose weight, yes, even on keto.
Many people think of keto as unlimited fat and unlimited calories and they stall out quick and then they give up keto altogether because ‘it didn’t work’.
Well your macros can be perfect and you can even be in ketosis and still not lose weight if you are eating thousands of calories a day. Ok, I’m going to get off the soap box and get on with it.
Bottom line, these keto mini pepperoni pizzas don’t use any flours and they use less cheese than most of the keto pizzas you see online, but you’ll still get all the fun and flavor of a great pizza!
What’s more, this pizza crust recipe can be altered to include your favorite herbs and spices to make it just the way you like it. And of course, feel free to use your favorite pizza toppings for a quick and easy meal you can enjoy any night of the week.
- 4 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 2 oz Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 c passata
- 4 oz. pepperoni, thinly sliced
- 1/2 c. Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375° F spray or grease a non stick muffin top pan. Set aside.
- Combine cream cheese, eggs, and a pinch of each of the seasonings in a medium-sized pouring bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and either whisk or use an electric beater until mixture is completely blended and smooth.
- Pour the batter into the muffin top pan and sprinkle each pizza with another pinch of seasonings and parmesan cheese
- Place the pan in the pre-heated oven for 6 minutes, or until slightly puffed and golden brown.
- Remove pan from oven and top each mini pizza with a tbsp passata, pepperoni slices and more seasonings and mozzarella cheese. I added chopped fresh basil to the top.
- Place pan in oven for another 8 minutes or until pizzas are bubbly on top,
- Watch the video to get a better idea of the assembly!
- There are two cooking tools that are helpful not only in this recipe but in all my cooking projects.
- I use this exact muffin top pan for many of my keto recipes.
- As you can see from the video, this handy pourable mixing bowl is indispensible!
- If you do not have Passata then use your favorite low carb pasta or pizza sauce. I prefer passata because a little goes a long way for less carbs and it has a fantastic fresh taste.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we earn from qualifying purchases.