Three ways to make Keto Beef Noodles! I have made noodles using cooked beef as well as with beef bone broth powder.
Using cooked beef you can make the noodles as a large sheet and then cut them to size for fettucini noodles or lasagna. You can also use a process known as spherification to make them so they look like spaghetti or ramen noodles. I first saw this technique on Keto Asian Flavors youtube channel and then decided to try it for myself!
Using powdered bone broth you will have to use the spherification method mentioned above. Now that I know how, it is actually quite easy!
In this post I will walk through the steps to make the bone broth noodles as well as provide links to the other beef noodles.
Tools and Ingredients Needed to Make Keto Beef Noodles from bone broth powder
- A good blender (I’ve been using a Ninja)
- A large bowl
- A squeeze bottle with tip (something like a condiment bottle)
- Sodium Alginate ( a thickener made from seaweed)
- Calcium Lactate (has many uses such as thickening and firming foods)
- Beef Bone Broth Powder (or Beef Keto Chow!)
As noted above, you can also make the Beef Noodles with 1 package (or scoop) of Savory Beef Keto Chow.
Printable Instruction Card to Make Keto Beef Noodles
- 1 tbsp Sodium Alginate
- 1 tbsp Calcium Lactate
- 2 Scoops Beef Bone Broth Powder (60 grams total)
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 10 Cups Water (divided)
- Place 3 cups water in large blender
- Add xanthan gum and Beef Bone Broth powder
- Blend well, then add sodium alginate
- Blend 2-3 minutes or until a custard like texture is reached
- Set aside to rest and let bubbles come to surface
- Make water bath in large bowl by mixing 7 cups water plus 1 tbsp calcium lactate, stir until dissolved
- Place thickened been broth mixture into squeeze bottle (you will have to fill this 3 times in total)
- While stirring with one hand, turn bottle upside down and squeeze out contents in long threads and watch the noodles form! (Watch the video!)
- Repeat until all noodles are made. The noodles can be stored in the water bath for up to a week in the fridge.
- Rinse noodles before using.
- Noodles can be used as spagetti, ramen, whatever your imagination wants! They just need to be warmed, they are already cooked.