Not sure what it is with me and cream cheese jalapeno poppers lately but I seem to be on a real kick! The love affair started when I did the Egg Fast and discovered just how yummy a cream cheese omelet with sriachi is. Then, for transitioning off egg fast I came up with this Cream Cheese Jalapeno Poppers Omelet.
But it’s just not enough, People! Life is too short to be without cream cheese jalapeno popper everything! I was staring at a rotisserie chicken sitting in my fridge the other day and just went for it. I’m calling it, wait for it …. Low Carb Chicken Cream Cheese Jalapeno Bake!
This one is so easy my kids could do it. The first time I made it was the bomb but I didn’t pay attention, I just threw it together. It was so good my son and I fought over the last portion so I knew I had to share it on my blog. But the second time, I tried to make it too fancy and it wasn’t as good. So here it is, in it’s 5 minute glory. This one is dedicated to all the working moms out there!
PS: The cherry tomatoes are optional, they look pretty and I had buckets of them from my garden
Low Carb Chicken Cream Cheese Jalapeno Bake
(4 servings but I often eat 2!)
- Microwavable bowl
- Silicone cake pan ( love these and nothing sticks to them!)
- 8 ounces leftover rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1 cup aged cheddar, grated (reserve ¼ cup for sprinkling on top)
- ½ cup cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 jalapeno pepper thinly sliced
- Place shredded chicken in even layer in silicone cake pan.
- Sprinkle the cherry tomato halves over the chicken.
- Microwave cream cheese for 30 seconds (or more) to soften and make it a bit creamier.
- Mix ¾ cup grated cheddar into the cream cheese.
- Spread the cheese mixture in an even layer over the chicken.
- Sprinkle with jalapeno slices.
- Sprinkle with remaining grated cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees or until cheese is bubbly.
The portion amount is going to look very small, but this is super rich. In fact if you diced the chicken up instead of shredding it, this would be like eating a hot cheesy dip. And you could totally do that with a bowl of pork rinds.
I might also serve this over cauliflower puree for an even bigger bowl of creaminess when you just need that comfort food.
We liked it so much that I have made it 3 or 4 times in the past couple weeks! I hope you like it too.
Nutrition: 322 Calories, Net 3 carbs, 25 Fat, 14 Protein